Retro Lindo - Raspberry Pi retro system
Saw this today in the paper. Raspberry Pi 2 in custom NES case with controllers. Comes with emulation system and Kodi for both media and games . Has built in IR so can control Kodi with remote. I think its pretty cool. According to the article it would be available for £88.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325...etro-lindo

I don't think that's too bad, Happy to heat other peoples opinions.
It is interesting, but I think I just like the case. I'd be more interested in picking that up separately.
I'm 90% sure that the case's 3D printer design file is available for free on the internet. This is just another lazy, not even half-assed, kickstarter.
Curious what IR receiver they are using..

Same question. Is there really an IR receiver that is compatible with the ATV remote? I wasn't aware that this can be done as easily?

Also, any thoughts how they will get the retro games working? Will this be the existing retroarch fork of kodi or a new development?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It uses EmulationStation, most likely just RetroPie for emulators...
(2015-03-28, 07:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm 90% sure that the case's 3D printer design file is available for free on the internet. This is just another lazy, not even half-assed, kickstarter.

RetroPie Case

Just downloaded it. Might give it a whirl.
(2015-03-28, 07:54)steve1977 Wrote: Same question. Is there really an IR receiver that is compatible with the ATV remote? I wasn't aware that this can be done as easily?

Also, any thoughts how they will get the retro games working? Will this be the existing retroarch fork of kodi or a new development?

It's probably a GPIO IR receiver, which is just a bare IR receiver connected to the GPIO pins: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi#Remote_controls

They're inexpensive, easily fit within the case, and do indeed work with ATV remotes.
(2015-03-28, 07:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm 90% sure that the case's 3D printer design file is available for free on the internet. This is just another lazy, not even half-assed, kickstarter.

I certainly like the case though.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retro Lindo - Raspberry Pi retro system0