Android Changed NAS drives - Question regarding Library
I originally screwed this up last night and spent a while trying to fix it before i realised i'd taken a full backup of the library the day before Big Grin. I should also say that i've got an MXQ S805 Android TV Box.

Anyway, my new NAS drive obviously has a different IP address to the old one so I did the recommended solution of manually editing the videodb.xml file and globally replacing the old IP with the new one.

What i'd initially done is imported the backup directly from my external hard drive so when I unplugged it, Kodi subsequently "lost" all of the information.

So I plugged the drive back in and manually copied the backup folder across to the root folder of the TV Box and then imported it from there instead and it worked fine. Had all the relevant artwork, metadata and found all the files properly on the new drive.

My question is - is this really the best solution ?. Do I now have to leave that backup folder on my device ?. I'm obviously asking because of what happened when I unplugged my external hard drive.

If I have to leave it there, it's not really any kind of major issue at all because i've got plenty of space on the box but I'd certainly be interested to know if i can safely delete it. thanks Smile
I suppose I should also point out that i can't actually FTP in to the android box as far as i can see so it's not like i can move the files from the backup folder to overwrite the locally created database
wanted to ask as well before i actually try it, could i essentially use the root file explorer to move the stuff over to the native kodi database ?
thanks for all the replies. taken me this long to wade through them all.

as it turns out, once i'd imported the backup, i did 'update library' and it re-scanned everything and - i assume - essentially imported it "locally". i removed the backup folder from the device and everything was fine - nothing was lost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changed NAS drives - Question regarding Library0