Req metadata for stubs and streams
Around half of my movies are added to the library using stubs. Extracting metadata is therefore not possible.
I also have a growing number of .strm files.

I named all stubs in this format:
name.year.bluray.disc
name.year.3D.bluray.disc
name.year.dvd.disc
The .strm files are just named movie.strm.

I noticed following behavior for my stub files:
- When browsing the movie library no SD/HD or 3D icons are shown.
- Within "movie information" it shows the "Bluray" icon, but not "3D" (<-is this a bug?).
I assume that "movie information" reads/displays flags if there are no corresponding entries in the DB. But nothing gets stored in the DB.

I noticed following behavior for the .strm files:
- When i browse within the addon (Amazon in my case), SD/HD icons are displayed if I have opened the stream before.
- All metadata for this stream are shown from now on in "movie information".
- But when i add a stream to the Kodi library, nothing from the above works.

So I humbly request:
Is it possible to please add missing metadata to the DB via flags?
Please look into the metadata from streams. Extraction is obviously possible, but nothing is stored within Kodi library.

Info:
openelec 5.06 on a RPi2
I believe I have the same request relating to strm files. I rely on the addon PseudoLibrary 0.0.8 to generate strm files from a playon instance running on a networked computer. When playing said strm files from the Movies or TV Shows library, metadata displays as expected in throughout the library, including series/episode/DVD art. After starting playback, however, Kodi displays an incomprehensible string of characters and a generic artwork file.

Ideally (and I believe this is what you are requesting?), metadata would display based on the strm file selected, and not the unintelligible title displayed during playback when playback begins.

Running Kodi 14.2 RC1 on x86 platform.
@MinoMe - as for the 3D flag - only putting "3D" in the name won't trigger anything as it requires TWO keywords to be recognized - something like .3D.HSBS.
Thank you, i will try that.

Concerning my opening post, I seem to have misunderstood the definition of metadata.
I am only talking about video/audio information like resolution, codecs, etc for which icons are displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
metadata for stubs and streams0