Android Userdata
So its time to upgrade the old Atvs to Fire Tv. Can I just push the whole userdata folder to Fire Tv?

Some changes to advancedsettings.xlm for smooth playing? Very grateful for advice, newbie on Android.

Thanks.
Ok, found it myself. I just backup my previous settings with Backup addon and then restore it with same addon on Fire Stick. God I must say, really impressed with the Fire Stick. No stuttering on 1080p movies whats so ever. I am on wireless 5Ghz. Running my old advancedsettings.xlm from ATV. Much better than ATV on performance I would say.
I sold all of my ATV's months ago. I have to say, If you like the Fire Stick, you should get the full size Fire TV. Blows the stick away for speed.
I have bought one. Havent received it yet. Not sure how it can go any faster...
The Fire TV is a beast especially if you can root the device.
I must be an idiot but I don´t notice much different playing movies from NAS with Fire Tv or the stick....But I don´t use any heavy add ons or stream any live tv. Use original skin.
Moving the userdata over from the ATV2 didn't work well for me. After monkeying around tweaking settings, I opted to copy more selectively from the userdata folder :
favourites.xml, guisettings.xml, passwords.xml, sources.xml, and the keymaps folder.
I use a central mySQL server, but I recreated the advancesettings.xml from scratch since I had some really old tweaks in there.

I reinstalled all my addons from scratch, since that was very quick and easy and the transferred addons weren't working well.
It all went very fast, and the FireTVs and Stick blow my old ATV2 away in terms of performance. No contest. Plus, being able to launch Netflix, Hulu, and games from inside Kodi is really sweet.

I have both Sticks and regular FireTV. There are a few areas in which the full FTV is very noticeably better than the Stick.

- Wireless performance -- In fringe areas the FTV is far superior. If you have a strong signal I don't notice a difference.
- Games- the more demanding games are pretty unusable on the Stick.
- Latest Update: with the latest update, the full FTV has external USB storage and Bluetooth audio. Pretty nice.

As far as playback and navigation, I really haven't noticed a significant difference, especially if they both have a strong network signal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Userdata0