Win Can't point at Recorded TV Directory
Hi, all, I'm trying to run OpenElec on a Zotac box using a flash drive. The Zotac box is wired directly into my router, as is a HDHR-Prime. I'm trying to use the serverWMC add-on from a Windows 7 PC that is connected to the network via 5GHz wifi. This PC streams live TV through WMC with no problems using the HDHR unit.

My current problem occurs when setting up the back end software: I type in:

\\WIN7PC-IPaddress\drivename\Recorded TV

I consistently get the message:

"This directory doesn't exists [sic], try again"

When I go to the front end unit, everything looks right: The channels are updated, all the functions are present, and in the Recorded TV area I see the recordings that are saved to the drive I want to map. But I can't play anything, nor can I get live TV to come through. Live TV does work fine in the new HDHR add-on.

I'm guessing this is something silly on my part as someone new to OpenElec, but need a little push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
Serverwmc is simply checking whether the directory path you entered for the recorded tv folder actually exists. This directory has to be setup as a network share on your server machine (and typically, but not necessarily, shared with 'everybody'). If you have done that already and you are sure you are entering the shared network path correctly, then consider posting your serverwmc log (see debug tab) on pastebin.com and posting a link to it here.

That you can see guide data and such is independent of this problem, but the fact that live and recorded tv is not working is because of this problem.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I fixed it so it doesn't exists.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
aha.....It was really simple, Krusty. Thought I was going to have to post a log after messing with network path naming repeatedly tonight, but then had an epiphany: the drive needs to be shared, too, not just the folder. Did that then successfully saved the drive path.

Still no TV, unfortunately. Can't figure it out, but will address it tomorrow. If I am stumped again I'll start up a new thread.

Thanks for such a quick response last night.
If you share the folder then you would access it via \\machine\share (no drive in there).

if you share the entire drive there is no need to also share the folder (as everything below the drive share will already be visible in the share ).

Since your client is non windows, you also will need to specify user and password in ServerWMC of a windows user with access to the share. ServerWMC will then include the credentials in the smb url sent to the openelec client
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't point at Recorded TV Directory0