Lirc: can't map buttons correctly
For some reason it used to work, but now many of the buttons I've configured don't. Take the one that is suppose to take me to the home. When I push it, the log gives me:
Quote:21:23:04 T:1968644096 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 25895993:0000555af10c1c88 00 BTN_TOP GA629PA (BTN_TOP)
21:23:04 T:1968644096 DEBUG: OnKey: 238 (0xee) pressed, action is
but my remote.xml has:
Code:
<GA629PA>
    <remote>
      <topmenu>ActivateWindow(Home)</topmenu>
and my Lircmap.xml:
Code:
<remote device="GA629PA">
                <topmenu>BTN_TOP</topmenu>
This was working the other day, but then stopped working even before I updated OpenELEC.
Here's the ps aux | grep lirc listing:
Quote: 176 root 0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
320 root 0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf
324 root 7:48 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
437 root 0:00 grep lirc
I had to add to my autostart.sh:
Code:
killall lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf
Because if I didn't have it there, then lircd would be outputting to lircd-lirc0 which doesn't seem to be where Kodi is expecting it.
I've got a R.Pi B+ running OpenELEC 5.0.7.

Edit: Poking around http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap.xml (amazingly inconsistent and out-of-date) I've come to the idea that I'm supposed to have a "/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/Keyboard.xml". Well, I copied the one out of "/usr/share/something" and then put in
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <universalremote>
      <obc238>ActivateWindow(Home)</obc238>
    </universalremote>
all that did was remove the line from the log with " DEBUG: OnKey: 238 (0xee) pressed..." in it. It made no other difference. I have no idea what I'm doing here
You might find this bit of wiki on Lirc helpful - I found it clarified some point I had only guessed at.

BTW, you didn't need to copy the whole of keyboard.xml - just put your modified bits in the local version (where they will modify the 'global' version on startup)
Derek
I've been all through all that, which begs the question: what of the changes I listed, except Keyboard.xml, were wrong?
That would be a puzzle - especially as you haven't contextualised 'it used to work'.
Did you do any updates ...?
I noticed that some of my buttons didn't work when I went from 13.x to 14.x Kodi - but could be resolved with my particular remote, as I get multiple responses for a lot of the keys.
Derek
"It used to work" just means that all the buttons I programmed on the remote worked for me. What updates did you have in mind? I didn't update OpenELEC until after it failed.
I removed what you said was unnecessary from Keyboard.xml so what's there is now just what is given above. It didn't make any difference.
If there was just a way I could debug the problem myself.
Also the line
Quote:Note : These obc buttons must be defined in keymap.xml under the <universalremote> (wiki) heading
leads me to believe that if I have the tag <obc238> in Keyboard.xml then that's the tag that I have to be using in remote.xml and Lircmap.xml. Doing so hasn't made a difference, though. This is so damn confusing!
I, too, find this a bit trying.
I'd be tempted to put an additional line in keyboard.xml:
Code:
<238>ActivateWindow(Home)</238>
just because of the DEBUG message.
I've no confidence in this, but what would be the harm in trying?
The DEBUG messages have been a great help to me in my searches - but I don't use OpenELEC
Derek
I think the right syntax for a key id is:

<key id="238">ActivateWindow(Home)</key>

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard.xml#Keyboards
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Ok, I just tried both of the above--no change. However, since some text calls for "XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)", I had to try the Cartesian product of both sets of alternatives.
(2015-04-01, 15:41)RoccoJones Wrote: Ok, I just tried both of the above--no change. However, since some text calls for "XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)", I had to try the Cartesian product of both sets of alternatives.

Gosh - I don't know how to interpret that in this context!
Derek
What's to interpret? Nothing I try works and no one seems to have an explanation as to why

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc: can't map buttons correctly0