24p refresh rate problem / losing video on Optoma HD25e
Ok first post here and I've done my homework and searched for hours on the topic with no clear solution. I use a Optoma HD25e projector and I am trying to use the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option for best playback and I am having problems with dropped video. The option switches my PJ to 24hz properly and playback is very smooth. Then after like 2 minutes it seems like my PJ loses video synch and I get a blank screen for about 2 seconds then PJ seems to get video sync back. And it happens in the next 2-3 minutes and over and over. If I set the desktop res to 23,976 I dont get any problems with video playback but then the display wont change automatically for other movies in other refresh rates so its a no go. I can also play the same files with no issue from a WD Live at 24p.
My guess : The playback have some kind of video stuttering that throw off the PJ video sync.
But then, why is the thing working great if I “force” the desktop res to 23/24p ?

What I have tried so far :
- Tried the “always” setting and the “at start/stop”
- Tried the sync refresh to display option
- 2 different Pi models (B model and Pi2) with same settings
- Different USB cables (not that thin)
- Different Power supplies (including my tablet one that is 2amp)

Different things I have read about but still have to try/read about :
- Playing with advancedsettings.xml
- Playing with xorg file
- try other hdmi cable (but mine is high quality not cheap) and going directly to PJ (using a splitter now)
- adjusting different audio settings (some kind of syncing issue beetween vid and audio ?)
- audio passthrough ? Wasapi ?
- Heard people talk about decoding acceleration OMXPlayer/DVDPlayer. Might look into this

Again, if I set the GUI or “desktop” res to 23/24p everything is good. The problem occurs only when I use the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option. WD Live no issue either with 24p files. Sorry to repeat 

My understanding of "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set at start/stop is that refresh info from openelec is sent when I start or stop a video. I don’t get why the PJ seems to lose sync after 2 minutes unless there is something wrong that is sent to it (skipped frame?)and he then try to reinterpret the refresh rate.
I am a noob at troubleshooting the Pi so please tell me how I can help you help me 

EDIT : As far as I know I am using the latest OpenElec build
Start here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#A...ts_on_HDMI
That seems like it ! I'll try that tonight ! Fingers crossed Smile

Thanks !
Video doesnt drop anymore Smile

But video isnt smooth anymore... Huh

Let alone that video drop, playback was butter smooth before. Should I play with that number (try at 60 ?) or should I look into other thread for choppy video troubleshooting / performance issue ?

Didnt had much time to test anything else yesterday...

Thanks again Smile
(2015-04-01, 14:35)Nataq Wrote: Let alone that video drop, playback was butter smooth before. Should I play with that number (try at 60 ?) or should I look into other thread for choppy video troubleshooting / performance issue ?

Yes, see how high you can make the number before you get dropouts.
Tried up to 60 without any issue. Watched 2 movies tonight and all was very good. Whats the default for this setting ? Should I go a little higher ? Can I use numbers such as 73 for example or does that need to be multiple of 10 ?

Thank you very much you just made my watching pleasure Smile
(2015-04-03, 06:13)Nataq Wrote: Tried up to 60 without any issue. Watched 2 movies tonight and all was very good. Whats the default for this setting ? Should I go a little higher ? Can I use numbers such as 73 for example or does that need to be multiple of 10 ?

Any number is fine, doesn't have to be a multiple of 10. Default is 1000, but it doesn't need to be so big (it will probably be reduced at some point).
200 gave me a quick black screen at the very beginning then nothing after 5 minutes of testing. Decided to set it at 180 and everything is perfect, all is very smooth now. Picture heaven ! Big big thank you popcornmix ! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24p refresh rate problem / losing video on Optoma HD25e0