Kodi freeze
Sad 
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with Kodi, it freezes every time I watch a movie or TV-show.

- I Use Kodi 14.2 latest Release (Kodi (14.2 Git:20150326-7cc53a9)
- I have Windows 10 Build 10049 installed, but the Problem is not a Windows 10 Problem, i guess...3 Months ago i installed Windows 10 with Kodi Helix and it runs smooth as fuck. No problems so far. Watched Movies and TV-Series every day, no freeze. From one day to another (since 1 month), kodi freezes while playing some Movies. With freeze I mean the Picture Freezes but the sound was still playing. But Kodi didn’t react to anything anymore. The only Solution was to kill Kodi over alt+f4.
- CPU: i3-4330 GPU: Onboard - 4 GB RAM

I thought maybe it is a graphic driver problem, so i installed some older Intel graphic drivers, but still the same problem.
I stored the Files on external Drives but since 1 Week, all files are stored at my new Synology NAS.
I changed the SKIN from Metro to something else, didn’t help. I already did a clean new installation. With clean I mean everything what was kodi related (Registry, Appdata etc.). I DE installed every app, every SKIN, still the same Problem.

Maybe I have to install an old version – XBMC?

Kodi LOG
Stacktrace

There is a DMP-File (crashlog) - Should i upload this File too?

Thanks for your help
ERROR: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

http://winwiki.org/d3derr_outofvideomemory/

Also uninstall all sound devices from device manager and delete driver, and install recent drivers from manufacturer website.
(2015-04-01, 13:27)r4l- Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have some problems with Kodi, it freezes every time I watch a movie or TV-show.

- I Use Kodi 14.2 latest Release (Kodi (14.2 Git:20150326-7cc53a9)
- I have Windows 10 Build 10049 installed, but the Problem is not a Windows 10 Problem, i guess...3 Months ago i installed Windows 10 with Kodi Helix and it runs smooth as fuck. No problems so far. Watched Movies and TV-Series every day, no freeze. From one day to another (since 1 month), kodi freezes while playing some Movies. With freeze I mean the Picture Freezes but the sound was still playing. But Kodi didn’t react to anything anymore. The only Solution was to kill Kodi over alt+f4.
- CPU: i3-4330 GPU: Onboard - 4 GB RAM

I thought maybe it is a graphic driver problem, so i installed some older Intel graphic drivers, but still the same problem.
I stored the Files on external Drives but since 1 Week, all files are stored at my new Synology NAS.
I changed the SKIN from Metro to something else, didn’t help. I already did a clean new installation. With clean I mean everything what was kodi related (Registry, Appdata etc.). I DE installed every app, every SKIN, still the same Problem.

Maybe I have to install an old version – XBMC?

Kodi LOG
Stacktrace

There is a DMP-File (crashlog) - Should i upload this File too?

Thanks for your help

Did you ever get it fixed because I have the same exact issue as you on w10 with kodi as well as kodi v15
Please post links to your debug log and stacktrace, same as OP if you require help.
(2015-07-01, 17:28)k4sh1n Wrote: Please post links to your debug log and stacktrace, same as OP if you require help.

Of course, just thought he got his fixed I could try the same thing
You may or may not have the same issue as OP, only way to determine is to look at the stacktrace file, unless you have already identified the error in the memory block.

HTH
Sorry I have been out of town. Here is my log

http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_1
From my log it sounds like I may need to disable DXVA because of my intel chip.. Testing it now
Yep disabled DXVA and no more issues Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi freeze0