• 255(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-09-26, 16:37)Martijn Wrote: To be more clear. No current team member wants to support it. If any developer is interested in supporting it now and in the future and follows the correct implementation it might be considered.
Thank you for this. It's an opening, at least. Now... let's hope something happens and some good new developer takes interest.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Delete. Didn't mean to post.
i've essentially had to abandon DS now due to a couple of issues I cant solve.

1. 3D frame packed output just stops working random. It work at install but at some point it just stopped working, no matter what settings I change it just doesnt work, reinstalled, still doesnt work. Still works fine using the LAV filters as externals in MPC-HC so i'm using that as an external player for 3D.

2. for some reason the player is upscaling twice. Make PC desktop is 4k resolution so KODI is set to k4 as well. When i'm playing a 1080p video it is supposed to upscale that to 4k but it does this twice, its playing it massively zoomed in 8k. Initially if I switched to windowed mode and back again it fixed this but now it just crashes. If I reinstall on top it doesnt fix it, if I do a clean portable install that works, its like something gets stuck somewhere and only a complete flat reinstall fixes it.

3. MAD VR wont play 4k stuff, i havent got much but I cant be arsed having separate players for different files so I've scrapped MADVR and DSPLAYER for KODI Krypton and MPC-HC as my external 3D player.

Just hope we get a DEV to migrate to Krypton at some point.
I think i may have to abandon Kodi DS player soon as well. I'm finding DS is quite unstable lately with Windows 10 and an Xbox One controller. Main screen is freezing and black screen are two random bugs. My wife and kids are getting a little frustrated, especially since we use kodi for OTA TV.

So probably back to MPC-HC as an external and Eventghost. It's a shame that no current developer sees the benefit of integrating MadVR with Kodi.
I switched back to Jriver to use MadVR. I would love MadVR integrated natively into Kodi. If I had the capability I'd contribute.
I just tried Jriver, pretty impressed so far, everything works in my limited testing, 3d mkv's work. playback is smooth. Well worth the few bucks it costs if I can just find a remote setup that will work with it and everything else. Subtitles work correctly in 3d etc.
(2016-10-08, 17:22)dwalme Wrote: I switched back to Jriver to use MadVR. I would love MadVR integrated natively into Kodi. If I had the capability I'd contribute.

MPC-HC can be used with Kodi. You don't have to give up Kodi as a media front-end.
(2016-10-10, 01:22)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 17:22)dwalme Wrote: I switched back to Jriver to use MadVR. I would love MadVR integrated natively into Kodi. If I had the capability I'd contribute.

MPC-HC can be used with Kodi. You don't have to give up Kodi as a media front-end.

I used that combo for years and I can tell you it ain't perfect. Jriver plays the stuff correctly. No issues and subs work right but I like the kodi front end better so now to see if I can use jriver as external player.
I think the sweet spot is defo kodi as front end and then MPC-HC as external player, however i've managed to fix DS now so i'm back on that at the moment for all 2D and MPC-HC for 3D as I still cant get DS to play frame packed 3D for love nor money.

I was going to stick with krypton but movies just dont look at good as DS+MADVR.
There's a small part of me that secretly hopes aracnoz will come and save the day with a Krypton build. Wishful thinking, I know... Sad
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
lol... Same here @ashlar
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2016-09-24, 20:22)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 14:40)MagikMark Wrote: Guys,

Do you happen to find a good alternative for dsplayer? Are there any player that would support play, pause & stop OSD during FSE? And of course madvr

MPC-HC or another external player is the only alternative if you want to use Kodi.

This guide covers configuration. I would rather use this combination than regular Kodi, even if the OSD is less than ideal.

Thank you for this guide. After using DSPlayer for over a year, I'm now back to an external player, but with Krypton. I'm also using an Xbox One Controller with Xpadder. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's relatively seamless. The hardest part was mapping a Xpadder profile that played nice with Kodi.
if you turn on the web thing in MPC-HC the Kodi remote Yatse (android) will work with it with out fuss. It's really nice that way.
Frankly jriver has already done this. It's just a matter of living with the library and I much prefer kodi library.
(2016-10-13, 16:42)robl45 Wrote: Frankly jriver has already done this. It's just a matter of living with the library and I much prefer kodi library.

There's also Emby Theater?
  • 255(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47