• 281(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-01-19, 14:25)dado1971 Wrote: whats the minimal gpu i need to install in order to be able to take advantage of madvr settings? i am assuming dsplayer is still active?

At minimum for 4K: Probably a GTX 960 or 1050 Ti. A GTX 1060 or RX 480 is recommended.

At minimum for 1080p: I use a GTX 750 Ti and am quite happy.
I have DSPlayer on the latest Jarvis release running on my desktop, but my videos play in a window instead of DSPlayer going fullscreen. Anyone know why this would be?
When I start a video the playback starts in a smaller window in front of Kodi and I lose control of the interface completely, I have to alt-tab out and kill Kodi to get rid of it.
(2017-01-18, 17:25)DougShuffield Wrote: If there is a different way to get ffdshow working in Kodi DSPlayer while still using LAV Splitter and LAV Video, I am all ears.

Sorry if I missed something or if it's not a suitable alternative for you, but if you may want to use the LAV filters installed on the system, you can try to use the old "Media rules and Filters configuration" method (in the Filter Management selector).

After that, you create a rule, for example:

Code:
File types mkv|mp4
Source filter: lavfsplitter
Splitter:  lavf_splitter
Video Filter: lavvideodec
Audio Filter: lavaudiodec
Subs Filter:xysubfilter (or the xysubfilter_internal to use the one bundled with dsplayer, it seems to work together)

With that rule, you play mkv and mp4 files with the LAV from the system.
You may try to add the filters you want to also be loaded as extra filters, or maybe directly in the video/audio above.

You can create other rules based on filenames etc.

The downside, is that you have to create a rule for any type of file you want to play.
Got a .mov file? It will only play if you create a rule (or append the extension on a rule you already made).

If the filter you want is not showing in the database, you can manually add it to the filtersconfig.xml, putting the name and the guid of the codec, following the pattern from the other filters.

The original file is in:
Code:
dsplayer_dir\system\players\dsplayer\filtersconfig.xml

To not lose the configs you edited on update, you can put a copy of the file on:
Code:
dsplayer_dir\portable_data\userdata\dsplayer\filtersconfig.xml

That is in portable usage (my case), you can follow similar structure on Kodi non-portable usage.

Those "media rules" were the only way we could use to configure dsplayer in the old days.
And in that time, it was only available directly editing the xml files for everything.
Only after a couple of years that aracnoz played around and added the options in the menu to make it easier, and then added the build-in codecs for ready to play installation.

This is why I'm so grateful to aracnoz. Nod
(Btw, and the gratitude goes to the people from previous dsplayer, and the original xbmc/kodi aswell Wink )
Any news on a working RC3 Version?
Hi,

There are some video files, which are a good way to test, how well a player outputs a video

Greetings Nerto
Sorry for my bad englisch :(
(2017-01-20, 13:17)MaxMan23 Wrote: Any news on a working RC3 Version?

Try this version.
But this is the damaged version without pvr addons...

(2017-01-20, 19:12)Warner306 Wrote:

Try this version.
I have tried to activate some PVR clients with my DSPlayer merge and build. In my case i never had an issue. Every PVR client could start. I get error messages in log because of the missing backends but i'm able to start the clients. If i use the SimplePVR i'm able to browse the channel list too. So i guess the error is not on every install. I have tried with my old installation and with a fresh installation in portable mode.

But maybe this PR explains and maybe solves this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11498
(2017-01-20, 19:58)MaxMan23 Wrote: But this is the damaged version without pvr addons...

(2017-01-20, 19:12)Warner306 Wrote:

Try this version.

did anyone a test with 4k 10bit?
The crash with 4k/HEVC/10bit is since DSPLayer Krypton Beta 1. It seems something changed in the source from 16.1 to Krypton DSPlayer. I'm not good with this low level stuff i'm not able to find the error.
I have downloaded the source after Beta 1 and merged it with the new Krypton PRs only.

I have tried to debug this error and found the crash happens in VideoDecoder.ax from the LAVFilters in the function PIX_CONV_MCPY. The destination buffer receives a zero pointer after some for...rounds.
As it happens with madVR only, EVR ist fine, it is possible that in this constellation madVR sends a wrong Buffer to the LAVDecoder and the function in the decoder crashes with a zero pointer.

This is not easy stuff and we don't have an active developer of DSPlayer it is possible that the errors will never fixed. If you need 4k you have to use the working 16.1.
In my case i don't use 4k and i don't use PVR. So my builds i have made for me are working fine and as i said the PVR error did'nt happen in my system the RC3 build is rock stable for me.
thx for your work and answer
(2017-01-20, 23:32)TrailFoX Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 19:58)MaxMan23 Wrote: But this is the damaged version without pvr addons...

(2017-01-20, 19:12)Warner306 Wrote: Try this version.

did anyone a test with 4k 10bit?

kodi-17.0-Krypton_DSPlayer_x64_beta6 is working fine with 10bit 4K material for me on win 8.1 x64.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-01-20, 03:31)le__ Wrote: Sorry if I missed something or if it's not a suitable alternative for you, but if you may want to use the LAV filters installed on the system, you can try to use the old "Media rules and Filters configuration" method (in the Filter Management selector).

Thanks for the help. I decided to dip my toe in the code and modify the internal LAV Audio settings to include the format tab in the dialog so I can select/deselect the codecs that I want the internal filter to decode. The change required some work in the LAVAudio database functions, dialog functions, and strings.po. Once debugged and storing settings properly, I then added ffdshow and arcsoft video renderer as extra filters to pickup the codecs I wanted it to decode. Bitstreaming HD-MA audio with DSPlayer integrated in Kodi is working like a champ! At some point I may consider including these changes in the main development path, but since I am modifying the Jarvis build I'm not sure if that is feasible. However, I would be happy to share the source and binaries of my build with anyone that might want them.

And yes, excellent work by the developers of Kodi DSPlayer!

Doug
(2017-01-21, 16:22)DougShuffield Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 03:31)le__ Wrote: Sorry if I missed something or if it's not a suitable alternative for you, but if you may want to use the LAV filters installed on the system, you can try to use the old "Media rules and Filters configuration" method (in the Filter Management selector).

Thanks for the help. I decided to dip my toe in the code and modify the internal LAV Audio settings to include the format tab in the dialog so I can select/deselect the codecs that I want the internal filter to decode. The change required some work in the LAVAudio database functions, dialog functions, and strings.po. Once debugged and storing settings properly, I then added ffdshow and arcsoft video renderer as extra filters to pickup the codecs I wanted it to decode. Bitstreaming HD-MA audio with DSPlayer integrated in Kodi is working like a champ! At some point I may consider including these changes in the main development path, but since I am modifying the Jarvis build I'm not sure if that is feasible. However, I would be happy to share the source and binaries of my build with anyone that might want them.

And yes, excellent work by the developers of Kodi DSPlayer!

Doug

I'd be interested in a binary Doug - cheers,

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 281(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47