• 308(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
for sound normalization, i use ReClock and Enable sound Compressor "normal"

within dsplayer you can select reclock as your audio output.

so you can skip the audio from fddshow. and go with the first way of you trying to do things.
(2017-03-31, 11:05)spencerjford Wrote: for sound normalization, i use ReClock and Enable sound Compressor "normal"

within dsplayer you can select reclock as your audio output.

so you can skip the audio from fddshow. and go with the first way of you trying to do things.

ReClock does indeed work for with the Internal Filters for me, I'll give it a try!

Does ReClock's Compressor do a comparable job to ffdshow audio's normalization? I was very pleased with the effect of the latter.
not as good, but it works better than nothing.
ok, so I am using sanear for audio/video syncing and the audio is really low and I am unsure how to fix it.
Hi all,

I am using Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 / Madvr / Reclock on a 4 GHz 8 core AMD cpu and Geforce GTX1070 GPU with 64 bit Win7 Ultimate installed.

When playing 4K 24 fps content (blu-ray folder or H265 mkv container) I am not able to get smooth playback. I noticed that GPU goes up to 96% and all 8 CPU cores to almost 100%. I have set kodi to use DVXA2 acceleration but it seems it still tries to do it in software.

I also tried Kodi Dsplayer (32 bit) 17.1 but it did not solve my issue.

What are the things I need to do to get smooth video playback of 4K content?

B.t.w. 1080p playback works fine up.

Thanks for helping me out, I spent several days already on this issue but am stuck now.

Ronald
(2017-04-04, 13:46)tingtong5 Wrote: Hi all,

I am using Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 / Madvr / Reclock on a 4 GHz 8 core AMD cpu and Geforce GTX1070 GPU with 64 bit Win7 Ultimate installed.

When playing 4K 24 fps content (blu-ray folder or H265 mkv container) I am not able to get smooth playback. I noticed that GPU goes up to 96% and all 8 CPU cores to almost 100%. I have set kodi to use DVXA2 acceleration but it seems it still tries to do it in software.

I also tried Kodi Dsplayer (32 bit) 17.1 but it did not solve my issue.

What are the things I need to do to get smooth video playback of 4K content?

B.t.w. 1080p playback works fine up.

Thanks for helping me out, I spent several days already on this issue but am stuck now.

Ronald

What settings are you using in MadVr?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Chroma: NGU Sharp (high)
Downscaling: SSIM 1D 100% + AR + LL
Image upscaling: Jinc3 + AR
Image doubling: Off
Upscaling refinement: Off
Artifact removal - Debanding: Medium/High
Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
Image enhancements: crispen edges (0.6) + AR
Dithering: Ordered

Tried lighter settings as well. But I think the main issue is the fact that kodi is doing decoding in software instead of ofloading it to GPU hardware.
As you use DSPlayer Kodi doesn't decode the movie so you need to set LAV Filter to use HW acceleration. Open the LAV video settings and make sure HW acceleration is enabled for h264 and HEVC.
(2017-04-04, 16:00)_Andy_ Wrote: As you use DSPlayer Kodi doesn't decode the movie so you need to set LAV Filter to use HW acceleration. Open the LAV video settings and make sure HW acceleration is enabled for h264 and HEVC.

Thanks a lot! I'll try tonight! :-)
(2017-04-04, 16:00)_Andy_ Wrote: As you use DSPlayer Kodi doesn't decode the movie so you need to set LAV Filter to use HW acceleration. Open the LAV video settings and make sure HW acceleration is enabled for h264 and HEVC.
It turns out that these were already enabled in the LAV video settings.

I did some testing using "O" to let kodi display cpu load and with CTRL-J to let Madvr show dropped frames.

Now I can clearly see that CPU load is not the issue , its on average below 30% for each core during playing 4K content.( It was openhardware monitor that put me on the wrong track by looking at max values after playing some 4 K content.)

However madvr is dropping quite a lot of frames. When choosing jinc (instead of NNEDI3 or NGU) for chroma upscaling, the situation improves a lot and no more obvious stuttering, still some dropped frames every few seconds however.

I was under the assumption that GTX1070 is capable of doing better then this. Any other ideas of what I might check in order to improve performance ?

By the way , I am using Kodi 16.1 at the moment, is there any reason to upgrade to 17.1 with respect to 4K playback?
If you play 4k, which codec do you have to decode ? HEVC or h264 and do you use 8bit or 10bit as output.
Can you make a screenshot of the madVR stats during playback?
(2017-04-04, 19:04)tingtong5 Wrote:

I did some testing using "O" to let kodi display cpu load and with CTRL-J to let Madvr show dropped frames.

Now I can clearly see that CPU load is not the issue , its on average below 30% for each core during playing 4K content.( It was openhardware monitor that put me on the wrong track by looking at max values after playing some 4 K content.)

However madvr is dropping quite a lot of frames. When choosing jinc (instead of NNEDI3 or NGU) for chroma upscaling, the situation improves a lot and no more obvious stuttering, still some dropped frames every few seconds however.

I was under the assumption that GTX1070 is capable of doing better then this. Any other ideas of what I might check in order to improve performance ?

By the way , I am using Kodi 16.1 at the moment, is there any reason to upgrade to 17.1 with respect to 4K playback?

What is the average rendering time per frame (0 - 41.71ms)?

Read this: 2238972 (post).
(2017-04-04, 19:04)tingtong5 Wrote:

In the Nvidia control panel, check that the power settings are set to max rather than optimal or adaptive. Also, are you using the latest Madvr version?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Thanks a lot for the help guys, I am going to check nvidia power settings and will measure rendering time and try to take some screenshots.

To be continued! :-)
In any case, as far as I know, with a 1070 you will be able to have smooth playback. It's all a matter of troubleshooting and selecting the correct settings for madVR. Be patient, it'll pay off. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 308(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47