• 524(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2024-04-23, 04:43)tiben20 Wrote: Yes and i will also take the ffmpeg 7 update
So far im in the complex part of the project. Remaking the internal renderer which is based on mpcvideorenderer

A round of applause, please. Big Grin
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hello, I'm signing up here just to say what good news that an updated version of DSPlayer is being worked on, I've been waiting a long time to get an updated version of Kodi where I can add SVP and watch everything at 240fps, thank you very much @tiben20 Big Grin
Video 
(2024-04-26, 12:32)Sam 404 Wrote: Hello, I'm signing up here just to say what good news that an updated version of DSPlayer is being worked on, I've been waiting a long time to get an updated version of Kodi where I can add SVP and watch everything at 240fps, thank you very much @tiben20 Big Grin

Glad to hear that, do you know if they are working on the current version of Kodi? I'm really looking forward to receiving any news about the release or something like that.
(2024-04-28, 22:55)Rycky88 Wrote:
(2024-04-26, 12:32)Sam 404 Wrote: Hello, I'm signing up here just to say what good news that an updated version of DSPlayer is being worked on, I've been waiting a long time to get an updated version of Kodi where I can add SVP and watch everything at 240fps, thank you very much @tiben20 Big Grin

Glad to hear that, do you know if they are working on the current version of Kodi? I'm really looking forward to receiving any news about the release or something like that.
So far im remaking the video renderering pipeline that was made by aracnoz for the evr but its the base of mpc video renderer that is not waiting on every frame from the video to draw the kodi gui. The latest version of kodi dsplayer does not run at higher framerate than the video fps during playback.
I finally managed to get it rendering as smooth as butter at a correct frame rate.
its capped on my monitor vsync 144fps.
Still need to fix stability, hdr, multiple way of scaling video scaling (dxva, d3d11videoprocessor, software or shaders), stats rendering when not on software scaling, subtitles.
After that i can move on to settings dialogs, filters settings loading.
Update to ffmpeg 7 and new hdr and audio tags for the filters
Maybe pvr will be done depending on the time i took for the rest.

https://github.com/tiben20/xbmc/commits/...march2024/
for the change i made
Hello
I will follow this post carefully with all my respect for the work done.
In addition to the improvements, here's what I'm hoping for:
As I already do with Madvr, make the 3D frame-packed (MVC) work. (Intel HD GPU).
I can test for you
Regards.
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2024-04-30, 09:37)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hello
I will follow this post carefully with all my respect for the work done.
In addition to the improvements, here's what I'm hoping for:
As I already do with Madvr, make the 3D frame-packed (MVC) work. (Intel HD GPU).
I can test for you
Regards.
Madvr will work like in the last kodi dsplayer release.
(2024-04-30, 09:37)Aphykit2006 Wrote: As I already do with Madvr, make the 3D frame-packed (MVC) work. (Intel HD GPU).
If everything goes to plan, you'll be able to select videorenderer (madVR or MPCVR) using mediasconfig.xml, using rules.

In your case, you could have a specific label for your 3D movies, say [3D], and have all the movies with that in their filename select madVR.

Never been a fan of 3D, so I don't know whether MPCVR supports it. But if you say madVR does, you should be able to take advantage of that.

EDIT: for @tiben20 from what I'm seeing, it appears that ffprobe (I tested with version 7.0) is capable of detecting MVC packed 3D video streams.

See this example output from one of the test files from here:

Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'DTS Paint Symphony (DTS-HD MA 7.1).3D.MVC.mkv':
  Metadata:
    title           : DTS Paint Symphony
    encoder         : libebml v1.4.2 + libmatroska v1.6.4
    creation_time   : 2021-10-12T17:29:25.000000Z
  Duration: 00:01:19.63, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 49144 kb/s
  Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn (default)
      Metadata:
        stereo_mode     : block_lr
        BPS             : 43821855
        DURATION        : 00:01:19.622000000
        NUMBER_OF_FRAMES: 1909
        NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 436147970
        SOURCE_ID       : 001011
        _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP: mkvmerge v61.0.0 ('So') 64-bit
        _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC: 2021-10-12 17:29:25
        _STATISTICS_TAGS: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES SOURCE_ID
      Side data:
        stereo3d: frame alternate
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2024-05-03, 12:47)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 09:37)Aphykit2006 Wrote: As I already do with Madvr, make the 3D frame-packed (MVC) work. (Intel HD GPU).
If everything goes to plan, you'll be able to select videorenderer (madVR or MPCVR) using mediasconfig.xml, using rules.

In your case, you could have a specific label for your 3D movies, say [3D], and have all the movies with that in their filename select madVR.

Never been a fan of 3D, so I don't know whether MPCVR supports it. But if you say madVR does, you should be able to take advantage of that.

EDIT: for @tiben20 from what I'm seeing, it appears that ffprobe (I tested with version 7.0) is capable of detecting MVC packed 3D video streams.

The detection is far from the problem. 3d rendering is way different from normal rendering. And i have no experience in it
(2024-05-03, 18:50)tiben20 Wrote: The detection is far from the problem. 3d rendering is way different from normal rendering. And i have no experience in it

But madVR already handles that, there's no need for coding anything else. It handles it in its stable, perpetually free version v113. As such, once (if) mediasconfig.xml could use rules for 3D, it would be easy to select madVR as renderer (if normally using MPCVR for whatever reason) and have what @Aphykit2006 was asking for.

I hope I explained it better.
I'm new to Kodi, how do I test version 2024 of DSPlayer?
(2024-05-04, 03:52)Rycky88 Wrote: I'm new to Kodi, how do I test version 2024 of DSPlayer?
The new version is in development and i dont distribute installation until its stable. But if you want to compile it yourself for testing. The source code is on my github and there is changes every day. I will post a test version when subtitles, rendering and filter loading are stable enough to my liking.
Lately my kodi had been having some troubles. When I click to open it, it seems to take forever for it to open. Is anyone else having trouble?
(2024-05-04, 07:26)skr1107 Wrote: Lately my kodi had been having some troubles. When I click to open it, it seems to take forever for it to open. Is anyone else having trouble?

wrong thread for this kind of question unrelated to dsplayer
Here is a big update the internal renderer has subtitle rendering working

Seem like a small step if you don't know how subtitles works but believe me it is a big chunk done
  • 524(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47