kodi ubuntu fail to install from usb flash drive
I'm having some problem installing the new 14.2 kodiubuntu.64bit iso

I've used xbmcubuntu gotham on my I3 Nuc since last year and now i wanted to make a clean install and replace the old xbmcubuntu with the new kodiubuntu.

Downloaded the new iso file from kodi's homepage and tried using 2 different programs to make a bootable flash drive ( Rufus and Linux live usb creator )

When installation reaches about 60% i get the ( errno 5 ) input/output error

After the error i have to abort the installation.
The flash seems to work fine with all other files so i'm thinking there is something wrong with the .iso file.
I've tried to follow this solution also from another ubuntu user without any luck

http://www.godmod.eu/solved-ubuntu-insta...put-error/
I have a similar problem. Tried to install kodibuntu 14.0 on my brand new Intel NUC i5. In live mode, it works fine, but when I try to install it, I get empty windows (the installation questions should show here). Clicking around on those empty windows I can see occasionally some of the questions, but I can't finish the installation.
I tried also with other OSs, like Ubuntu 14.04, same result, so this could be a hardware issue?
Also installing from USB. Any advice?
Tried to install kodibuntu 14.02 again using an old lacie disk.
This time running live mode and trying to install from desktop.

Installation failed
The following file did not match its source copy on the cd/dvd:
/target/usr/lib/debug/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm-2.19.so

any advice ?
Can you try installing from a USB stick?
Hi.
I've tried installing from a usb stick several times without luck.
Installed from both ubuntu desktop running live mode and just press install from the boot menu.
Everytime i get the "errno 5" error saying that the cd/dvd needs to be cleaned.
After that i need to abort the installation.
I've also tried both choices to install alongside the old ubuntu and remove the old ubuntu and install the new version but i still get "installation failed"
Thats why i used an old lacie disk to see if there was anything wrong with my usb stick.
As no cd/dvd drive is needed during installation from usb...have you tried to unplug the drive? Maybe it's broken?!

Maybe you should use another programm to create the bootable stick. Most devs don't like it, but for unetbootin works always fine. If you have a windows machine handy, you can try win32diskimager, too

Another way....

As XBMCbuntu Gotham and Kodibuntu Helix is based on the same OS (Lubuntu 14.04) have you ever tried to remove Gotham and install Helix?

Maybe a

Code:
sudo apt-get purge xbmc

And after that a
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi
will do the trick as well
Tried today to buy a new usb stick and using unetbootin to transfere the kodibuntu iso and installing it on my nuc, got the same error again errno 5 code.
After that i tried to transfere the xbmcbuntu gotham to the usb stick with the same program and installing. errno 5 code shows up again.

don't know why i would get the cd/dvd clean error everytime
Found the problem why i couldn't install kodi/xbmc or any other os to my NUC i3
Before i removed the xbmc gotham i updated my Bios to version 0037 ( latest )
Looks like the new bios doesn't like my ssd or ssd controller and thats why i get error everytime i try to install a new os.
Had to install kodibuntu with the ssd in my stationary computer and place it back in my nuc after completed the install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi ubuntu fail to install from usb flash drive0