Win Missing TV Tap
Photo 
I am missing the TV Tap; any ideas how to fix it.
I use instruction on you tube to add the simple ... something... something... to see TV channels, but the tap never show up, maybe there a set up, I am missing.
using windows 8.1 with 8GB of ram.
MY previous tread got send to Junk because I post the link for you Tube Sad
I doubt your previous thread was trashed because you posted a link to You Tube. I would hazard a guess it was because you are trying to access dubious media sources and the You Tube video provided instructions on how to access pirated and illegal content. Check the link that was provided in the last post of the trashed thread regarding 'banned add-ons'.

If you are still attempting to obtain assistance with any of those add-ons - this thread is going to head in the same direction. Those add-ons have nothing to do with Kodi and if you do want help, go back to the developers of those add-ons and get them to help.
I didn't find the add on to be on the list PVR ******* I really don't care to much about the instruction on the You tube video I have a couple of TV tuners that I will love to make work with the system, or I can purchase a new one that gets recommended, On this town there only one provided of TV and Cable and they are killing me with the prices, I am going to add big TV antenna on the roof like my neighbors but just wanted to have something similar to a cable box and they recommended Kodi to organize my Videos and use as and interface to the on air TV. thanks
I am not sure what the term 'tap' means here. Perhaps a translation problem?

But you need to read PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Mazinger, do you mean that <TV> is missing from the start screen ribbon, which as a minimum containing <video> <program> <system>?
If so, i think 'tap' as you call it is really called 'node' and is something created by Kodi as needed.
As an example, add a 'tv series' source and the <tv series> node appears, add a 'movie' source and the <movies> node appears.
It's something confusing to a new Kodi user and something not explained well within the wiki.

So, are you having some trouble tuning channels on your DTV device?
If your "TV server" is not finding any tv channels, and as such nothing can be presented to your "TV client" on Kodi, then you wont see a <TV> node within the ribbon on Kodi Confused

Otherwise, if you are an owner of an old Topfeild DTV box and are familiar with Topfield Application Programs (TAPs), then a similar concept within Kodi is called Add-ons.
But TAPs and Add-ons are not interchangable between the two boxes Tongue

And as mentioned earlier, some Add-ons involve priacy and will not be discussed or tollerated here Nod
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Thanks Guys, this make sense,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing TV Tap0