14.2 crashing randomly every few days
Hi all,
This has been occurring every 2 or 3 days since I first migrated from Gotham to Kodi. I've updated the .exe several times, which has fixed some other issues, but this kind of crashing is still a semi-regular occurrence.

The usual sequence of events is this. Turning on my TV or switching to Kodi after a long absence, I can navigate around the interface the same as usual, but I cannot exit or minimize or put it in a window. There is no sound (the navigational "pips" and clicks that I would normally expect). If I select a file to play the content will start, but with no sound, and then freeze. And at that point my only option is to bring up task manager and kill the process. I must leave the process killed for about a minute or else I will not be able to launch Kodi at all; just killing and immediately relaunching will do nothing at all.

I cannot reproduce or isolate the conditions that are leading up to the failure, but this happen at worst once a day, at best every 2 or 3 days. For this reason, I cannot keep the keyboard and mouse locked up, as I planned. Once in this condition there's nothing I can do with the remote that will work.

Any ideas? The PC is an i3 with 16GB of RAM running Windows 7/64 Professional.
A post of a: Debug Log of when problem occurs would help.
How can I keep the debugger on in the background? I don't want to see the stats flashing on the screen for 3, 4,5 or 6 days of viewing (the family and I watch 5-6 hours a day, at least).
i have a powerful computer on windows 8.1pro x64 bits, but i always get crashes....i have to end task kodi in task manager

usually happens when the video addon stream says "SEEKING" ....or after i click on a link it spins 'working,,,," then just hangs

is there a x64bit of kodi?
You can use advanced settings.xml in userdata folder
Win+r: %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>
@ "gotxman"

KODI is only in x86 versions.
From which addon stream (before you post please read forum rules on banned addons)
Post a debug log also if not violating forum rules
OK guys, Still having this problem, but I cannot upload my log. I don't understand what the instructions are trying to tell me on the upload page. When I go to Kodi Log Uploader it tells me I have no email configured then says no email will be sent, and that's that. It closes. What am I supposed to do here? Something about pastebin but that's a little too advanced for me. Can you please provide some guidance? I'm a *very* junior-level user.

To recap: Every 2 or 3 days, Kodi crashes, completely at random, after it's been sitting overnight or for many hours. I can tell it's in the pre-crash state by no audio clicks/pops when I use my remote. Upon playing a video there's no sound, and it freezes up completely within 10 seconds of the start of playback. QUIT does not work at this point and only force-killing the Kodi process from within Task Manager will kill it dead. I can then re-start it normally and it'll behave perfectly for 2, 3 or 4 more days. It's completely repeatable in that time-frame, but I don't know what the trigger is.

I do have a kodi.log file but need to upload it for analysis. Thanks in advance.
Copy paste debug log to pastebin or similar and link it here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
14.2 crashing randomly every few days0