Release Video Addon for tubi tv
(2016-01-06, 02:58)learningit Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 02:17)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 21:28)learningit Wrote: I'll get to it sometime in the new year. They decided to use AES encryption on the urls. Just takes a bit of time to fix.

Working again, just wanted to say thanks. :-)

Really? What version are you using?

Duh. You're right. I'm going to put my dunce cap on and sit in the corner now. :-[

The pages load, and I can see all the movies listed now, that's why I thought it worked. I can't play anything though.

I played a movie last night and mixed tubi up with snagfilms- my bad. Undecided

I'm an idiot- here's my sign! Can't blame it on drugs or liquor either- just stupidity. lol

Sorry about that...

May I say that I am looking forward to the time when it works again. :-)
Really missing this addon ! Hope to see it back soon as well!
I have a fix for this add-on, but need to look around to find a crypto module in pure Python which can be released under the GPL (the software license that Kodi uses).
This is one of the better free (legal) video add-ons for Kodi/OpenElec. It will be nice when it's working again.
(2016-01-12, 08:51)Wagg Wrote: This is one of the better free (legal) video add-ons for Kodi/OpenElec. It will be nice when it's working again.

I tried Viewster in the meantime, think it's the same developer, and it's not bad. A good substitute for tubitv. :-)
(2016-01-12, 22:29)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 08:51)Wagg Wrote: This is one of the better free (legal) video add-ons for Kodi/OpenElec. It will be nice when it's working again.

I tried Viewster in the meantime, think it's the same developer, and it's not bad. A good substitute for tubitv. :-)

Viewster is OK, but all the content is limited to SD, which isn't the case with Tubi.
(2016-01-15, 09:06)Wagg Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 22:29)mrsfixit Wrote:

Viewster is OK, but all the content is limited to SD, which isn't the case with Tubi.

Since I have to live under the tyranny of bandwidth caps, I tend to stick to SD streaming.

But you do have a valid point, and I would prefer to watch HD too if I could. I can relate. :-)
Any update on this? I'm really missing Tubi.
Status is the same as in post #63 above.
Hey guys, let's not forget about Snagfilms. It has some HD stuff as well (at ludicrous bitrates, apparently).
(2016-01-25, 16:01)Alexsource Wrote: Hey guys, let's not forget about Snagfilms. It has some HD stuff as well (at ludicrous bitrates, apparently).

I think you can change that in the settings.

I seem to remember not being able to use SnagFilms until I lowered the bitrates.
Yes, but the lower the bitrate the lower resolution you get. I have it set at 5000 kbps maximun, and that more or less represents the highest 480p bitrate for most of the films, and one of the lower 720p resolution bitrates for some of the others.
Going higher than that give you 720p and 1080p for the films and such that supports it, but my connection can't keep up with it XD.
Any luck ? Anything I can do to help find the module ?

UPDATE: Just noticed it was marked as broken in repo, so assume that will be case for while.
So is this plug-in officially dead?
I came here looking for an addon because Tubi.TV is mentioned as #5 in the "5 Streaming Sites for People Who Want More Than Netflix" on the Consumer Reports site:

http://www.consumerreports.org/streaming...ing-sites/

Consumer Reports says:

Quote:If "free" and "legal" are words you'd love to see together in a streaming movie service pitch, then Tubi TV may be a revelation. The ad-supported service claims to have 40,000 titles, including selections from the libraries of MGM, Lionsgate, and Paramount Pictures. And just last month, Tubi TV inked a deal with Starz Digital for some independent films and TV shows from that channel, as well.

So it would be really nice to have this Kodi addon working again. In a previous post you said,

"I have a fix for this add-on, but need to look around to find a crypto module in pure Python which can be released under the GPL (the software license that Kodi uses)."

Just out of curiosity, is there any way that you could release the addon without the crypto module (as an independent addon if necessary) and give users instructions on how to download and install whatever crypto module you are using separately? Is the problem that the crypto module is under some sort of free software license, but the Kodi developers are persnickety about it being GPL or nothing? Because the problem with that approach is that if a developer of a crypto module has decided to release his module under some other software licensing scheme, perhaps one he thinks is better for some reason, he's probably not going to change it to the GPL just because the Kodi developers would like to keep everything under the same license, or even feel they are required to for some reason that would only make sense to lawyers.

I normally wouldn't go "off the ranch" for a Kodi addon but if this is the reason you have to do it, and given your reputation and the fact that Consumer Reports verifies that Tubi.tv is free and legal, in this case I'd be willi8ng to make an exception and download a zip file and install it. Would you at least please consider it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon for tubi tv0