Import Library and Set Content?
Hi Guys,

I just have a quick question with regards to importing my library.

I exported my library to a single file and then did a clean install of OpenElec on a new Pi. I then imported my library from this file.
All my Movies and TV Shows seem to have successfully imported but I can no longer see my video sources, i.e. my movies and tv folders on my NAS, under 'videos -> files'

Do I have to navigate to them and set content again? Or is this going to overwrite what I just imported?

Thanks for your help
Right, you have to add them back manually and set content. Nothing will happen if the source is the same as before. Importing just handles the videodb part.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the quick response.

So when I navigate to my movies folder for example, and set content as movies (after I have imported my library) will this not re-scan that folder into my library and bring with it all of the original errors I corrected once before? such as the scraper picking up the wrong movie title and I had to correct it in the 'refresh/movie information' menu.

Also just out of curiosity, other than wanting to manually navigate to and browse those folded do I actually need to add my sources and set content again? When I imported my library without doing this everything seems to be correct and it also appears to scan the folders for new content upon startup. Or is this not actually functioning correctly?
Quote:Thanks for the quick response.

So when I navigate to my movies folder for example, and set content as movies (after I have imported my library) will this not re-scan that folder into my library and bring with it all of the original errors I corrected once before? such as the scraper picking up the wrong movie title and I had to correct it in the 'refresh/movie information' menu.
Nope, this won't re-scrape your collection. It might be that it updates the folder hashes though.

Quote:Also just out of curiosity, other than wanting to manually navigate to and browse those folded do I actually need to add my sources and set content again? When I imported my library without doing this everything seems to be correct and it also appears to scan the folders for new content upon startup. Or is this not actually functioning correctly?

If you want to browse it in files node you have to add it. I would add it back as i am not entirely sure (without testing) if the root paths for your media sources are imported as well. So in worst case it will miss some new stuff, most likely movies, when there's no proper media source.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok great, I have navigated to my movies folder and set the content and scraper, it has now prompted me with 'do you want to refresh info for all items within this path?'
Should I hit 'no' here?
Doesn't matter really.
Right, I navigated to my movies folder (exactly the same network location as when I backed up my library) and set the content to movies and hit 'yes' to refresh all items.

It appeared to re-scan the entire movies folder one by one and made a bunch of new entries for incorrect titles and folders I originally had issues with and rectified. It appears to have just done what it would if I did a clean install and added the source and set the content without importing my library at all.

Any ideas what happened here?
Unsure without a complete debug log of that scrape session. You're sure it's the exact same media source location?
Positive, nothing has changed.

Maybe I should try again from scratch but this time hit 'no' to the refresh prompt?
Won't change the result unfortunately. Could you please enable debug logging, reproduce and Pastebin the entire log so we can check why it adds already known items?
I will do that, not a problem.

Just to let you know, I tried it again, from scratch, this time I hit 'no' and it didn't scan the folder.
I added some new content to my movies folder, rebooted my Pi and it automatically started scanning the folder.
Interestingly enough it left my existing library exactly how it was and also found the new content!

If I were to repeat the process but hit 'yes' then it immediately starts scanning and changes a bunch of entires. For example, Kill Bill is in the imported library and correctly name, but when it re-scans this gets changes to some other film entirely.
That's weird because it's the same scan routine that's fired. Debug log will tell what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import Library and Set Content?0