Chromebox help please??
So hears the deal, I killed the Apple TV yay!!!!!! And now I have this very cool Asus ChromeBox M004U Im running it as a Standalone OpenELEC it runs way better then the apple. Now I need help cuz I looked around and got a Logitech Harmony 700 fo $30 bucks but I'm lost how to hook it up the the chrombox? Can it run off Bluetooth? If so how do I program it to work? Or do you have to buy a adapter to make it work?

Thanks for the help guys
RTFW

/thread
Hey Matt thank you for your reply and all your work that you do here!!!

Now I'm a little dumb (maybe even a lot) but I don't know what RTFW means. Could you explain,........

I've read through A ton of forms but for some reason I can't find any answers that specifically addressed my situation which I'm sure there is one I just haven't seem to find it.

Any direction would be muchly appreciated!
RTFW = read the friendly wiki, referring to the Kodi ChromeBox wiki page, which is linked in my signature.

The 'Recommended Hardware' section contains a list of verified remote controls, IR receivers, and lists which profile should be used with a Harmony remote. The Harmony 700 is an IR remote, so you'll need a compatible IR receiver; it's not BT capable so that's not an option (only the smart hub is, to my knowledge)
(2015-04-09, 05:58)Kingator Wrote: So hears the deal, I killed the Apple TV yay!!!!!! And now I have this very cool Asus ChromeBox M004U Im running it as a Standalone OpenELEC it runs way better then the apple. Now I need help cuz I looked around and got a Logitech Harmony 700 fo $30 bucks but I'm lost how to hook it up the the chrombox? Can it run off Bluetooth? If so how do I program it to work? Or do you have to buy a adapter to make it work?

Thanks for the help guys

Read everything in the first post of this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362

Then, read this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox

I picked the standalone OpenELEC option and paired my Chromebox with an Amazon Fire stick TV remote and it kicks almighty butt!
Go and pick up a used Playstation 3 Bluetooth remote, it works the best with the chrome box and Kodi.
Hey Matt thank you for your reply and all your work that you do here!!!

Now I'm a little dumb (maybe even a lot) but I don't know what RTFW means. Could you explain,........

I've read through A ton of forms but for some reason I can't find any answers that specifically addressed my situation which I'm sure there is one I just haven't seem to find it.

(2015-04-09, 20:24)Kingator Wrote: Hey Matt thank you for your reply and all your work that you do here!!!

Dang I new it was going to be easy thanks guys

Troll out Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox help please??0