• 58(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-05-25, 20:27)popcornmix Wrote: Thanks. In video files, the video frames typically have two timestamps, a decode timestamp (dts) and a presentation timestamp (pts).
Logically you might assume that if available you should display the video frame at the pts and that's what we did in Helix.
However this causes stutters with some files (e.g. dvds), and looking closely Kodi gives precedence to dts timestamps so we switched to that.

Unfortunately some files prefer dts and some prefer pts. For now I've add a GUI option in video/acceleration settings to "Prefer PTS timestamps".
This is a temporary measure partly to make these test builds more usable (rather than reverting to an old build that works better for you) and partly to get additional information.
If you have stuttery videos, try enabling the PTS mode and let me know if it helps. Let me know if enabling PTS mode makes any videos worse.

This setting may help Leopold's live TV speed up/down problem.
Yes this setting fixes live tv playback for me. I've not noticed any impact on other files.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-05-25, 19:16)bagofcrap24 Wrote:
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

Correction:
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf
About HEVC performances:
is there a way to increase arm, core and gpu frequencies without disabling dynamic overclock?

These settings work well for gpu overclock:
Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
h264_freq_min=333
over_voltage_min=1

Thanks in advance and again... sorry for my bad English.
(2015-05-26, 13:12)slack3r Wrote: About HEVC performances:
is there a way to increase arm, core and gpu frequencies without disabling dynamic overclock?

These settings work well for gpu overclock:
Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
h264_freq_min=333
over_voltage_min=1

Thanks in advance and again... sorry for my bad English.

arm_freq is still the most critical, but core_freq, v3d_freq and sdram_freq will also have an affect on HEVC performance.

I suspect you would get improved performance with:

Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
h264_freq_min=333
over_voltage_min=1
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
v3d_freq=333
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2

If that is unreliable, remove the sdram_freq setting or increase the over_voltage to 4. If it is reliable you could try increasing arm_freq to 1100.
(2015-05-26, 14:09)popcornmix Wrote:
Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
h264_freq_min=333
over_voltage_min=1
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
v3d_freq=333
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2

If that is unreliable, remove the sdram_freq setting or increase the over_voltage to 4. If it is reliable you could try increasing arm_freq to 1100.

sdram_freq=500 was on three different PI's too high, better using sfram_freq=480. I have never tried "over_voltage_sdram=x", maybe this helps.
(2015-05-26, 14:09)popcornmix Wrote: arm_freq is still the most critical, but core_freq, v3d_freq and sdram_freq will also have an affect on HEVC performance.

I suspect you would get improved performance with:

Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
h264_freq_min=333
over_voltage_min=1
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
v3d_freq=333
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2

Thank you, there is a real improvement.

Last question: are you able to play this sample?
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9YhsPfRT...t=download

Here I get some stutter and 4 frames are skipped.
Please, let me know if link does not work.

Thanks.
We have a little Problem in confluence Skin:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/show/c85a73b76b/slide

...iff you scroll to: "support MVC video" and above/under the lines ,
you will se a scrolling text.

Aktualisierung der Benutzeroberfläche would not work
(2015-05-26, 19:03)doldi Wrote: We have a little Problem in confluence Skin:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/show/c85a73b76b/slide

...iff you scroll to: "support MVC video" and above/under the lines ,
you will se a scrolling text.

Aktualisierung der Benutzeroberfläche would not work

Odd, this isn't a problem when the language is the default English, so must be a conflict with non-English language resources.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Is the translated text correct (it reads "Limit GUI updates during playback" in English)?
If so, then it just needs correcting to something that fits. See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Translation_System
(2015-05-26, 19:37)popcornmix Wrote:

Is the translated text correct (it reads "Limit GUI updates during playback" in English)?
If so, then it just needs correcting to something that fits. See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Translation_System

Or get confluence fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm guessing this is German, so I've installed the German language (never had it installed before, tested several different regions). The label and help string for "Limit GUI" and "Support MVC" both seem to be correct (although the label for "Limit GUI" is just way too long):

I'm not seeing the "Limit GUI" help string appear when the "Support MVC" label is selected, which is what your screenshot is showing.

Could the installed German language now be out of date with this latest build? Maybe try re-installing it (somehow?)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If text appears behind the controls it means there's a skin problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
o.k have downloded English(US) Language and install them on Kodi, because google translator is not the referenz lol.

"Limit GUI updates during playback" in English => "Aktualisierung der Benutzeroberfläche während der Wiedergabe begrenzen" in old german ;-)
(i like Rosinenbomber)
Your right, popcornmix :-)

There is in English no Problem with Acceleration (Beschleunigung in German) to set the fps.

In German Language i cannot set the fps, something (scrolling text) is overlay the up/down box on the right side.

Who is fixing this, what can my little person do?

I think the german text is to long an disturbed the grafik-Box - ther is no place anymore for the Letters from fps.

the last word appears with "begrenz" - but correc it must be "begrenzen" ....ln english : limit

@Milhouse:
look at post 866, Picture 2 the line no 3

or switch the fsp Limit GUI updates in German Lang. - no function.

edit: German Language Pack, Team Kodi, Version 1.0.1
(2015-05-26, 19:54)Martijn Wrote: If text appears behind the controls it means there's a skin problem

True, it should handle it more gracefully, but that's still a bloody mouthful for "Limit GUI during playback" isn't it? Surely German isn't that verbose... Smile

(2015-05-26, 19:57)doldi Wrote: Who is fixing this, what can my little person do?

I would suggest posting in the "Confluence" sub-forum, it's not really a problem specific to these test builds and will affect all platforms that allow the GUI to be limited.
Thank You, your my best friend

...have posted in http://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=r...122d392826
with my verry good englis, ha :-)
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214