• 14(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
I'll probably include that PR in these test builds (and stop the other wipupnp builds, although may still need a Generic build) once the initial issues are resolved - just one or two left.

My concern however is that this PR increases the risk of build failure as the rest of the code base changes over time, ie. introduction of other unrelated videodb fixes, and this PR in a nightly could become a headache for both myself and @Montellese as it may require frequent rebasing which wouldn't otherwise be necessary.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-21, 15:19)ktfzone Wrote: Haven't tried with Windows 8, but it works fine with Windows 7 default partition shares (c$, etc etc).

Yes, I was running fine with a 7 system. Perhaps I need to keep trying a few things.
Had an interesting error trying to upgrade from 413 to 420 (420 time, nice!)

Basically, it never happened. Checked the logs and on oe.pyc it was crashing when trying to access DBUS..

It turns out my OverClock was too much for the PSU to handle (need a new PSU, an interesting way to find that out) - So I have downed the clock a bit to fix that (never realised the rainbow box was showing in the top right, must pay more attention.)

However, it does lead to the fact that the oe.pyc module may need a bit of work to prevent it from crashing (as this breaks updates and if the update was to fix something that may break DBUS etc, it's going to create a flood of forum tears.)
(2015-04-21, 19:04)rTiGd2 Wrote: However, it does lead to the fact that the oe.pyc module may need a bit of work to prevent it from crashing (as this breaks updates and if the update was to fix something that may break DBUS etc, it's going to create a flood of forum tears.)

Sorry, but what is "oe.pyc"?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0421: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.0 #1 Tue Apr 21 21:04:08 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 21 2015 14:40:08
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 2d5ad04b63af4233440c3f7c8587108223201102 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150421210316-#0421-ge229a9c [Build #0421]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001527.979: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (e229a9c9, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (febf2372, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware, adding sharpness control and fixing deinterlace jaggies
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Apr 21):
    • firmware: gencmd: Add command to set sharpness of hvs scaling See: link
    • firmware: di_adv: Fix longstanding bug that causes deinterlace jaggies
  2. OpenELEC:
    • kodi: disable pvrplayback.signalquality on new installs (PR:4103, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • avahi: restart on failure. (ec6715e2)
    • pvr.wmc: update to pvr.wmc-37b4b29 (8ab11bfa)
  3. XBMC:
    • [addons] dont show addons from disabled repos in 'All repositories' (PR:6992, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalrenderer] Add sharpness control (f013becd)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • dvdplayer: reduce time for initial audio sync (93d15180)
      • dvdplayer: cosmetics (0325ad6e)
      • dvdplayer/omxplayer: protect live streams (pvr) from stalling (ca8bdb47)
      • hack: Revert dvdplayer: adjust threshold of audio errors to frame duration (82a4df48)
      • fixup! [mmalrenderer] Add shared lock around MMAL operations (7577fe97)
      • fixup! [mmal] Move the image pool from decoder to renderer (ab2be8b3)
      • fixup! [mmalcodec] flags debug (8401f9e0)
  5. kernel 4.0.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • alsa: Ensure mutexes are released through error paths (07a5d16b)
Anyone having an issue with 'auto play next video'? #420, and #421 (and I think #419) it plays the first video fine, and then tries to load the next video and I get 'Playback failed'

I have to go through the trouble of enabling logs and turning on debugging and reproduce this to provide a log, so can someone try to reproduce and determine if its just me or a common bug before I go to the hassle?

If it matters, mysql central db, nfs shares.
(2015-04-21, 13:00)popcornmix Wrote: I've been working on this bug for a long time. Got as far as dumping out all the pixel data for all input frames and deinterlaced output frames on both Pi and Linux
and trying to match up what each was trying to do. Eventually got an "aha!" moment, and now have a fix for deinterlace "jaggies" with SD content.
It makes your sample file a lot cleaner.

I've pushed out a firmware fix. You can manually update or wait for next Milhouse build.

Down here in Oz, we call that a "Eureka" moment !

Just want to thank Popcornmix for this SD deinterlacing fix. Its much better and definitely results in a cleaner picture Smile

Question, is there a known bug in the TVHeadend EPG or the Radio Channels Guide ?
I crashes Kodi #421 whenever I try and view either of them.

(2015-04-22, 07:32)wrxtasy Wrote: Question, is there a known bug in the TVHeadend EPG ?
I crashes Kodi #421 whenever I try and view it.

#0421 is the first version that crashes?

Not seeing anything relevant in the #0421 changelog, apart from maybe PR:4103 but this was expected to be benign and shouldn't affect EPG. If you've got a crashlog, please upload it - if it's not very useful I can provide a debug build later.
(2015-04-22, 05:50)miigotu Wrote: Anyone having an issue with 'auto play next video'? #420, and #421 (and I think #419) it plays the first video fine, and then tries to load the next video and I get 'Playback failed'

I have to go through the trouble of enabling logs and turning on debugging and reproduce this to provide a log, so can someone try to reproduce and determine if its just me or a common bug before I go to the hassle?

Seems to be working here (#0421, MySQL, NFS). In my case, I enabled Video -> Playback -> Play next video automatically, then created a video playlist (via Video -> Files) with three short video files. All the videos played in sequence with no errors.

You might need to list the precise steps you are taking to reproduce this problem in case I've performed a different test. A debug log would be useful. Also try with a clean .kodi in case it's an add-on related issue.
(2015-04-22, 07:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 05:50)miigotu Wrote: Anyone having an issue with 'auto play next video'? #420, and #421 (and I think #419) it plays the first video fine, and then tries to load the next video and I get 'Playback failed'

Seems to be working here (#0421, MySQL, NFS). In my case, I enabled Video -> Playback -> Play next video automatically, then created a video playlist (via Video -> Files) with three short video files. All the videos played in sequence with no errors.

You might need to list the precise steps you are taking to reproduce this problem in case I've performed a different test. A debug log would be useful. Also try with a clean .kodi in case it's an add-on related issue.

Yeah its a totally fresh install. In fact, I used create_sdcard to image my sd to completely rule out any problems with my install.
I enabled Video -> Playback -> Play next video automatically, but then I don't create a playlist, or play anything from 'files', I go into the TV Shows library, and select an episode, and it plays fine. I can then either watch that first video all the way through, or skip through it to the end, and kodi finishes that video and tries to play the next episode in that series. I get the little loading circle in the bottom right for a long time (like around a minute), moving very slowly, and then the popup comes up and says about playback failed. I close the popup and can immediately play the next episode that "Failed" by selecting it manually.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time.
As soon as my wife gives up the tv for a bit I'll get a log of it since it should have something useful.
(2015-04-22, 08:19)miigotu Wrote: I can reproduce this 100% of the time.
As soon as my wife gives up the tv for a bit I'll get a log of it since it should have something useful.

Hopefully the log will have some clues as I'm not able to reproduce in tvshows.
(2015-04-22, 09:11)Milhouse Wrote:

Getting frustrated here. I reproduced that problem for 3 days straight, like 30+ times. I removed <loglevel hide="true">-1</loglevel> from my advancedsettings.xml and enabled component specific logging for omxplayer, ffmpeg, video component, and audio component and it just went to the next video without failing twice.

Ill try a few more times, and then turn off the debug and logging and see if it starts again.

Edit: Just tried 5 times with debug and component specific off, fails... just black screen after trying to load the next video (waited a minute or 2 each time). If I turn on either debuggin OR component specific, it works. So how can I get a log showing my problem if it only happens with logging off? LOL
Hi, I first want to say thank you for the Milhouse builds and DTSHD support, they are working great for me.
I know they are testbuild and can have bugs but with most of them I can live! Big Grin
One thing I want to report, didn't see it so here the problem which is a little bit disturbing for me.
If I do a cleanup of the database I get the message that sources are no longer available and if they should
be removed from database. I can access them directly via Video section and folder structure. My sources are
attached via USB.
(2015-04-22, 14:53)Gizmo81 Wrote: Hi, I first want to say thank you for the Milhouse builds and DTSHD support, they are working great for me.
I know they are testbuild and can have bugs but with most of them I can live! Big Grin
One thing I want to report, didn't see it so here the problem which is a little bit disturbing for me.
If I do a cleanup of the database I get the message that sources are no longer available and if they should
be removed from database. I can access them directly via Video section and folder structure. My sources are
attached via USB.

Hmz, that might be based on a recent change done by me. Will test with an external drive and keep you posted.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-22, 14:13)miigotu Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 09:11)Milhouse Wrote:

Getting frustrated here. I reproduced that problem for 3 days straight, like 30+ times. I removed <loglevel hide="true">-1</loglevel> from my advancedsettings.xml and enabled component specific logging for omxplayer, ffmpeg, video component, and audio component and it just went to the next video without failing twice.

Ill try a few more times, and then turn off the debug and logging and see if it starts again.

Edit: Just tried 5 times with debug and component specific off, fails... just black screen after trying to load the next video (waited a minute or 2 each time). If I turn on either debuggin OR component specific, it works. So how can I get a log showing my problem if it only happens with logging off? LOL

Finally caught the problem in a log.
Played a file, errored on next one, then I manually pressed down and started the next episode (which failed to play auto) which plays fine.
kodi.log
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214