• 38(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
I know it is a little off topic but, Milhouse would it be possible to compile those two or one of those services as addon for RPi (like you compile tvheadend). They can be command line only like udpxy or. htop so no need for real addon
Those are esmtp or. msmtp.
http://esmtp.sourceforge.net/
http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/

tnx
I compile tvheadend because it's already upstream, so building it is relatively easy.

I don't, however, want to get involved creating new custom addon packages - for that, you'd best ask upstream (OpenELEC github, or forum). It's quite surprising that there is no existing mail transfer agent, I can't imagine there'd be too much resistance adding something like msmpt to unofficial.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I know i was searching for one of those simple agent but could nowhere find them. I have tried once to build it by myself but failed. Anyway tnx for info.
(2015-05-12, 15:23)MONSTA Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 15:50)Kiralina Wrote: I updated from both 5.0.8 and 5.95.1 with the latest #0510 (on separate micro sdhc) and have no problems with my current add ons.
All works well and I had no reboots on my PI 2. On both cards I have turbo overclocking with no issues.

Thank you, but I do mean the technical aspect. Are there any differences in the final result.

Not that I can see.
(2015-05-12, 19:51)popcornmix Wrote: There are a couple of possibilities in #0505. The PVR addons got bumped, and this:
Quote:omxplayer: testing give preference to dts timestamp

was introduced. I'll revert the omxplayer commit for tonight's build (only - as that commit did fix dvd stutter issues), so please test that.

I tested #0511 and got choppy video playback -for a moment is too fast and then too slow (sound is fine)- with H264 TV streams (MPEG-2 streams are fine). With #0512 all worked perfectly.

Debug logs playing the same TV channel:

(2015-05-12, 19:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 19:36)Leopold Wrote: Since build #0505 I have a problem with stuttering live tv video where the audio temporarily goes out of sync. This seems to occur only when OMXPlayer is enabled. Unfortunately I can't recreate the issue with a recorded live tv clip, it only happens when playing live.

There are a couple of possibilities in #0505. The PVR addons got bumped, and this:
Quote:omxplayer: testing give preference to dts timestamp

was introduced. I'll revert the omxplayer commit for tonight's build (only - as that commit did fix dvd stutter issues), so please test that.

Any more info? Is playback fine with omxplayer acceleration disabled?
How long is audio out of sync for? Does it coincide with errors in the stream?
Live tv is fine with the #0512 build so it looks like you found the culprit. I have double checked and the problem does go away if OMXPlayer acceleration is disabled.

The problem appears more like the video frame rate slows down and then speeds back up to get back in sync with audio. There are no audible audio problems. Quite often the video only plays at the correct speed for a second or so before going wrong again for a few seconds.

I'll have a look at errors when I get a chance.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-05-13, 07:15)illiac4 Wrote: ...
I have tried once to build it by myself but failed. Anyway tnx for info.

I've just built it under raspbian.

It failed with:

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/msmtp/po'
*** error: gettext infrastructure mismatch: using a Makefile.in.in from gettext version 0.19 but the autoconf macros are from gettext version 0.18
Makefile:184: recipe for target 'stamp-po' failed

So a quick search produced:

http://sourceforge.net/p/msmtp/mailman/m.../33094733/

& I changed:

#GETTEXT_MACRO_VERSION = 0.19

to

GETTEXT_MACRO_VERSION = 0.18

& it carried on building just fine.

HTH
This is different. Anyway there is addon that works on rpi2. I have made it with help of ultraman binaries.
More at: http://openelec.tv/forum/unofficial-open...ail-agents
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0513: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.2 #1 Thu May 14 00:54:40 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 13 2015 14:58:12
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8e0e0dbfe92be77d6355082451280d32f5bf0ff3 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150514005350-#0513-g90eb354 [Build #0513]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001560.191: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (90eb3549, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a52c691f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (May 13):
    • firmware: video_render: Use crop rectangles rather than port parameters to handle opaque images. Fix an issue with 3d rendering and opaque mmal images
    • Firmware: arm_display: Fix for scaling issue with asymmetric overscan
    • firmware: Add touchscreen driver VC4 side for Pi LCD display
    • firmware: arm_loader: Support kernel_old with DT, and fix DT property lengths. See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • Add visualization.vsxu (PR:4143, 5 commits, 10 files changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: update to xf86-video-nvidia-346.72 (7787555a)
    • glfw: cosmetics (c76c7778)
    • remove package: openexr (a93578fe)
    • remove package: ilmbase (90eb3549)
  3. XBMC:
    • Fix coverity #719001 (PR:7128, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FIX: [gles] don't compile BOB OES shader if not supported (PR:7130, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [mmalcodec] Limit submitted video frames. (PR:7101, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [settings] Fixed CGUIControlButtonSetting::Update handling for CSettingAction (PR:7122, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] WinRenderer: Fix possible memory leak. (PR:7120, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix coverity #1287129 (PR:7134, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. platform:
    • add missing stdio.h include in windows/os-socket.h (60810c17)
    • bump to 1.0.9 (aafa6e9f)
  5. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Added fixes already included in the Helix branch (PR:7, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@millhouse, i haven't test or waited long enough..but with any installed build in this thread....will it auto update to another build from you or auto update to openelec's official Isengard when it comes out?
(2015-05-14, 05:27)cudencuden Wrote: @millhouse, i haven't test or waited long enough..but with any installed build in this thread....will it auto update to another build from you or auto update to openelec's official Isengard when it comes out?

No, once you manually switch to a development build like mine, you need to manually switch back to an official release in order to start receiving automatic updates. You can use Leopolds addon which will notify you of new builds (official, test or otherwise).
I had #0508 build for a while and 2 things didn't work for me:
- when I tried watching 3D movie with HSBS, KODI never managed to split the screen, it showed in 2D mode instead... I tried changing various settings but nothing worked for me.

- when I tried watching high bit rate (~50mpbs) mpeg4 video file, it was lagging badly.

I reverted to this build OpenELEC 5.0.8 (arm) and mentioned issues are gone (3D works fine, no lag when watching high bit rate video files). I could try OpenELEC 5.95.1 (arm), if it helps.
@visata: a debug log from latest #0513 when playing your 3D that shows as 2D, or lagging movies, might be useful.
Could you please let me know where are the logs stored? /var/log? Which file I should provide?
(2015-05-14, 22:11)visata Wrote: Could you please let me know where are the logs stored? /var/log? Which file I should provide?

Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214