Win missing network share's subfolders
Question 
Hi everyone,

unfortunately I recently had to move from Linux to Windows 8.1. After installing Kodi 14.2 I wanted to add my mapped network drive as a video source. Unfortunately not all subfolders within the share show up. The shared folder is a share on a Synology NAS and has been working without problems for a long time. I'm using it on other machines via NFS and samba on a daily basis.

This is how my folder structure looks like

Code:
M:\
    -videos
        -someDirectory
        -movies
        -tv shows

When I browse the M:\ drive from Windows explorer everything is fine and I can easily open and play the content underneath e.g. M:\videos\movies. However within kodi only the subdirectory "someDirectory" is shown underneath movies, the other two directories (movies, tv shows) do not show up. I also tried to manually add the whole path but then no content is shown in the folder. Huh
The problem also exists when I browse the network drive directly using the samba feature in kodi. After giving my credentials for accessing the share I only see the "someDirectory" subfolder, but not the others.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot ! Blush
You should be using Kodi to add the NAS share as either a SMB or NFS source, you shouldn't use the Windows mapped network drive. Any particular reason for having the share mapped in Windows? have you tried removing the mapped M drive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing network share's subfolders0