Win Scheduled Recordings (timers) Don't Record!
Hi all,

I'm having an annoying issue with Kodi/XBMC and ServerWMC. If I schedule a recording by selecting a program in the guide and selecting "add timer" the program doesn't record. The timer is added ok and shows up in the Timers menu in Kodi and the ServerWMC shows a timer active. The same happens if I manually add and configure a timer.

The only way I can actually record TV us to switch to a channel and press record (i.e. no scheduling, just recording the current program) which works fine and even auto stops when the program finishes. Time shift works ok too.

Computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit, which runs both the Kodi frontend and the WMC backend (and ServerWMC).

Kodi version is "14.2-BETA1" ServerWMC Kodi add-on is 0.3.112 ServerWMC version is 1.0.0.56 build 1190. Kodi is using the Aeon Nox skin version 5.6.0

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alex
I'd suggest checking the WMC recording history. In WMC go to recorded tv -> View Scheduled -> History. WMC should have a message as to why the show was not recorded. Have you tried scheduling the recording directly in WMC? Does that record?
Definitely try what sbthomas recommends (you can also view wmc's recording history in the debug tab of serverwmc). Another thing to look at: after you set a timer in kodi, open wmc and see if the timer (actually called a scheduled recording in wmc) shows up and whether it reports that it will record - it should if kodi says it will too.

The wmc recording service (which runs in the background) really should see no difference between timers started with kodi or with wmc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks for the replies folks!

(2015-04-17, 23:21)sbthomas Wrote: I'd suggest checking the WMC recording history. In WMC go to recorded tv -> View Scheduled -> History. WMC should have a message as to why the show was not recorded. Have you tried scheduling the recording directly in WMC? Does that record?

Looking like the problem is WMC at the moment. Tried accessing the recording history but WMC instantly crashes when I click it. Tried scheduling a recording too but that doesn't work, the schedule entry (in WMC) either disappears or, more commonly and more bizarrely, the date changes to the next day after the recording should have occurred.

Not sure what's going on with it.. Tempted to just ditch WMC and use Argus or something similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scheduled Recordings (timers) Don't Record!0