• 6(current)
Release Syfy Channel Video Addon
(2016-02-12, 17:46)Martijn Wrote: Different python version?

Looking at the last git commit, I did bump the xbmc.python version to 2.20.0, but I wouldn't think that would have an effect on running the addon under 15.2.
The addon has worked all along on my android system using python 2.6.
Possibly something to do with the OS level file stuff I'm doing to cache the shows.
I mean our python version in kodi. Meaning 2.7.9 for windows and 2.6.something on droid
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-02-12, 18:06)Martijn Wrote: I mean our python version in kodi. Meaning 2.7.9 for windows and 2.6.something on droid

I understand the difference between xbmc.python and the actual python version, I was just pointing out that was really the only change.
Anyway, you must be right because I was testing under Krypton which has 2.7.something and it works, so I'll need to go back and figure out what isn't working under 2.6. Strange that it worked before though.
Debug Log Android
V2.0.4 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.syfy

Fix for unicode errors. This method should work for all platforms, but is a less robust solution. I still don't know why the previous code failed on Android.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

A Pull Request has been made for the kodi.org repo, it should update within a few days.
Everything seems to be working fine now on Android systems (had to reset Metadata Cache first) and started to work again on Windows, no idea what was going on there.

Thanks again.
Anyone else still having problems??

Unfortunately, I'm still having problems between 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4. Was working wonderfully until tonight - 2/14. Issue seems to be same on Mac OS X and RPi2/Openelec. Python versions are 2.7.10 (mac) and 2.7.3 (rpi). Maybe something w/SyFy data? Thanks for the awesome add-on - It's been great watching many of their shows :)

My bad on pasting... link to log:
(line 239 it appears)

After going back to 2.0.4, everything working great - thank you!
Please do not post debug logs in the forum. Also, a partial log is useless. Always post a full log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com.

Give the add-on another try, the website was screwed yesterday.
Updated my post (#82) - link to log included - thanks for pointing that out to me.
I'm having problems as of last night (3/23/16). Plays fine for a few minutes then chokes/stutters and becomes unwatchable. I have a 30Mbit connection so 1080p is not a problem. Running Kodi 15.2 Isengard on a FireTV Stick and the latest SyFy plugin (that installs from the Kodi repo).

Not sure how to get logs from the FireStick, if someone can tell me how I can post a link to my log.
(2016-03-24, 00:33)AR15usr Wrote: I'm having problems as of last night (3/23/16). Plays fine for a few minutes then chokes/stutters and becomes unwatchable. I have a 30Mbit connection so 1080p is not a problem. Running Kodi 15.2 Isengard on a FireTV Stick and the latest SyFy plugin (that installs from the Kodi repo).

Not sure how to get logs from the FireStick, if someone can tell me how I can post a link to my log.

This type of behavior has nothing to do with the add-on itself, so unfortunately there's not much that I can help you with. Info on how to get a debug log is here: Debug_log (wiki)

You can post a debug log and I'll take a look, but it's more likely something to do with network, the firestick running out of memory or other things installed on the firestick.
Well, it started happening right after the last SyFy plugin update. I'll get a log and post it.
(2016-03-24, 02:13)learningit Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 00:33)AR15usr Wrote: I'm having problems as of last night (3/23/16). Plays fine for a few minutes then chokes/stutters and becomes unwatchable. I have a 30Mbit connection so 1080p is not a problem. Running Kodi 15.2 Isengard on a FireTV Stick and the latest SyFy plugin (that installs from the Kodi repo).

This type of behavior has nothing to do with the add-on itself, so unfortunately there's not much that I can help you with. Info on how to get a debug log is here: Debug_log (wiki)

You can post a debug log and I'll take a look, but it's more likely something to do with network, the firestick running out of memory or other things installed on the firestick.

Looks like you may be right. I noticed last night someone (probably my kid) knocked the router antennas out of position. I reset them and the SyFy app seems to be working better now. Strange though that I didn't have the same issue with any other apps. Not sure why..
(2016-03-24, 18:01)AR15usr Wrote: Looks like you may be right. I noticed last night someone (probably my kid) knocked the router antennas out of position. I reset them and the SyFy app seems to be working better now. Strange though that I didn't have the same issue with any other apps. Not sure why..

Compared to most of my other add-ons that do 1080, Syfy has a pretty high bit rate - some shows need 6-8 Mbps steady. The wifi on the firestick (at least mine) is frankly crap to begin with, interference will make that worse.
Been waiting for some new episodes of Killjoys and Troy:Street Magic.
I'm having trouble with the SyFy add-on with a fresh install of Kodi (v16) on a new RaspberryPi 3. All of the Syfy shows seem to error out using 3.0.1 from the repo. I'm using a stock install of OSMC. Could there be something funky using RPi3 hardware? Here is my log. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syfy Channel Video Addon2