Video Skipping at Startup
Question 
Hi,

On one of my Kodi (Windows) setups, I have this strange issue where every time I play (90+% of times), it skips frames for 6-8 seconds before it starts to play normally. During this time, for 6-8 seconds, I see around one still frame per second and no audio. Then it starts playing audio following by accompanying video. This happens even if I pause a video and then play it as well.

PC is connected over ether to a NAS device (1GB Link). all of the media and MySQL databases are on the NAS device.

Sequence:
1. Start the play of the video
2. Video starts playing normally for 1 second
3. Video freezes to a frame
4. Frames are played for 6-8 seconds (one frame at a time)
5. Video starts playing normally.

Below, please find a link to my logs.

http://pastebin.com/XhDG2Fjr

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello, anyone has any ideas I could try?

Thanks.
Playback synced to display? and sync method. Investigate HDW decoding and rendering method,.
(2015-04-24, 18:56)PatK Wrote: Playback synced to display? and sync method. Investigate HDW decoding and rendering method,.

Hi PatK. Honestly, I have no idea what you are recommending. Huh Would you be able to elaborate a bit more?

On another note, I have tried to troubleshoot it myself. I uninstalled Kodi including user profile. Installed plain vanilla Kodi 14.2. Did not import any videos etc. Enabled only two of the Kodi included video add-ons and tried to play videos. I still get this frame at frame issue. I removed Kodi 14.2 completely and installed Kodi 14.0. Same issue. I remove Kodi 14.0 and installed XBMC 13.2 and no issues at all when playing any videos from the add-ons. I then in-place upgraded it to Kodi 14.2 only to find that issue has returned.

I have checked and my video drivers are up to date now.

I have no idea where to go from here.
Normal activity is to skip a few frames to allow for audio sync. 5-6 secs is a bit longer than usual.. disable the sync or try and change the render method, there might be a snag in there.

settings>video>playback>sync playback to display
settings>video>acceleration>render method

Investigate the latest Isengard development, there has been a few fixes in this area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Skipping at Startup0