How do you guys split Anime from normal TV Shows?
Hi guys,

I always wanted to split Anime from my normal TV Shows and Movies within Kodi.
I hoped to get it working with nodes but there are so many places where these nodes don't apply so it still shows every TV show and similar things.
For example, most skins use "ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)" for shortcuts, so if I change the titles.xml of tvshows nothing happens, I have to manually change the shortcut to the titles.xml so it uses the actual video node I changed which is bullshit, why does Kodi use a complete different filter for "ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)" instead of the video node??
videodb://tvshows/titles/ also doesn't return the actual node..

Is there any way where you can handle Anime within Kodi that they'll be handled as different classification of media?
So that they even become their own path etc like sources://anime and such things, or would you have to modify Kodi itself in order to get this working?

Will the Kodi team ever acknowledge the fact that it is better to have your TV Shows and Anime separated and implement this into Kodi? Undecided

Would be great if there was an easier way to separate Kids Movies, Anime Movies and Anime to get a better overview of your own media..
Put anime films in folder 1.
Put anime tv shows in folder 2.
Put Kid's Movies in folder 3.
Other films in folder 4.
etc.

Make an 'Anime' playlist that points to folders 1 and 2.
Make a 'Kid's Movies' playlist that points to folder 3.
Make a 'Movies' playlist that points to folder 4.
etc.

Use a skin that lets you put playlists on the home screen. There are many of them - I use CCM.
Use the playlists on your homescreen rather than the 'Movies' and 'TV' libraries.
You didn't really get my point.

shawly Wrote:For example, most skins use "ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)" for shortcuts, so if I change the titles.xml of tvshows nothing happens, I have to manually change the shortcut to the titles.xml so it uses the actual video node I changed which is bullshit, why does Kodi use a complete different filter for "ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)" instead of the video node??
videodb://tvshows/titles/ also doesn't return the actual node..
But the widgets for example still show every TV show, since they aren't configured for a specific node, instead they just look up recent series or random series.

Also using playlists is a rather unelegant method since these won't get included within the DLNA server, if I use nodes the DLNA server of Kodi will show me these nodes and my changed nodes, which is way better.
My mistake. I thought you were asking how people did it.
Before you start calling other things bullshit and blaming Team Kodi, maybe you should look at what is available to skinners and add-on/widget authors. Kodi's core more or less supports everything you want to do, but we can't force skinners to do things a specific way. If anything, I think the bigger issue is that things like custom nodes don't get a lot of consideration. They're still relatively new concepts in the Kodi/XBMC world.

The best thing you can do is to give feedback to the skinners about your use case. Help plant these ideas and show examples.
You can create a widget from a smart playlist, which will limit the widget to only that content, you can furthur work it with filters to only show unwatched or recently added anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTydKLV1Pic

Not all skins have such functionality though.
Gladly someone else showed me the Skin Arctic Zephyr already, which can do everything I want even with fitting fanart background for widgets. Smile
I've been splitting a lot of this stuff up with super favourites, works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you guys split Anime from normal TV Shows?0