v15 Weird almost fullscreen popup obscures playback
I'm having a strange problem with Kodi on Android (S802), after Kodi has been running for a while I eventually get what appears to be some sort of completely blank, black popup that appears very nearly fullscreen (there's about 10 pixels not covered on all sides of the screen), pauses playback, and won't go away. I still have full control of Kodi with my remote, and I can start playback again, but the popup doesn't go away so I can only see very narrow strips around the edges of the screen and hear the audio. If I stop playback I can see the Kodi UI fine, and I can navigate around with no problem, but if I start another video playing the popup is there straight away, overlaying the video. My only solution at the moment is to quit Kodi and restart it. Once I've done that everything is fine again for a while.

This seems to happen around once a day. I usually leave the box running at all times, and running Kodi the vast majority of that time, in case that makes any difference. The videos are coming from a USB hard drive connected directly to the android box.

Anyone any ideas? I've started logging, but haven't captured it happening yet. Hoping it'll show itself soon, so I can see if there's anything obvious.
Debug Log does help in diagnosing issues
I think I've figured it out. In case anyone else has the same problem, it seems to be down to hardware decoding. After a while hardware decoding stops working for certain types of files (at the moment I've narrowed it down to mkvs encoded with x264, but it might include more than that). I switched off hardware decoding completely and the problem went away. Next I'll try selectively enabling the different decoders in the settings. Not sure if it's a specific decoder or hardware decoding in general. Anyway, if you get weird, nearly fullscreen boxes over the top of your videos, try fiddling with the hardware decoding settings.
A little more testing reveals amcodec as the culprit. I'll leave that turned off and see what happens, but hopefully that's cracked it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird almost fullscreen popup obscures playback0