v14 Video Shudder?
I have a movie in 1080 that is shuddering in various places. Usually during an action / camera pan (i.e. A space ship coming towards the camera while the camera is panning down the ship). It doesn't happen when I de-interlace the movie (set to ON), but don't like doing that because of the noticeable image degradation.

I've checked the movie in VLC, and it doesn't do it at all... The movie is VERY CGI intensive, and was converted using handbrake. It was set to variable frame rate, at 14,000 bits (don't like the constant quality setting with h.265) 2 pass encoding. All the others I've done (including the first time I did this one) was set at 10,000 at a fixed frame rate & 2 pass... and they all came out great.. except for this one. So I re-did it using 14,000bpp / Variable.. still shows shudder (bad in some spots).

Since VLC isn't doing this, it this an issue with the h.265 codex XBMC is using? Huh
what's your cpu usage during those times?
try to enable true fullscreen this was my issued Wink
Try to let Kodi change the refresh rate of the tv to 24p
I will toggle the onscreen and snapshot the info, then post it. My media center specs:

ATI 970A-G46 MoBo
AMD FX-8120 BLK 64bit 8-Core @3.33Ghz
AMD R7 200 Gfx 2Gb
4X SATA6 WD 4Gb HDD Raid 5
16Gb Kingston 2600 Extream Memory
64bit Win 7 SP-1

More then enough horse power. Tied via HDMI GOLD to a Samsung 55 1080p 120hz. Audio is also HDMI.

I'll check the full screen setting, and refresh rate and let you guys know. Thanks for your suggestions!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Shudder?1