HL 5.1 problem
I have a TV series that was encoded @HL 5.1. They play ok in media player classic...but in Kodi it is a slide show. I have a budget quad in the HTPC now. I can put in an 8 core CPU. But I keep wondering why media player classic will play the files and Kodi fails so utterly? Any ideas? I could re encode them..but 100+ episodes at 4 hours each...not high on my list of things to do.
(2015-04-21, 06:10)WiFuzzy Wrote: I have a TV series that was encoded @HL 5.1. They play ok in media player classic...but in Kodi it is a slide show. I have a budget quad in the HTPC now. I can put in an 8 core CPU. But I keep wondering why media player classic will play the files and Kodi fails so utterly? Any ideas? I could re encode them..but 100+ episodes at 4 hours each...not high on my list of things to do.

Try to use Software decoding if using DXVA.
disabling DXVA will lead to nothing. Only to single core CPU decoding which won't help the OP. If you really want to use CPU for decoding only, choose Video -> Acceleration -> Decoding Method: Software.

Better post a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HL 5.1 problem0