USB CEC Adapter (Pulse-Eight) + Sony TV and AVR
Is there anyone here with Sony TV and Sony AVR with Pulse-Eight USB CEC Adapter? Both TV and AVR should have "Theater mode" button (orange one) on remotes.
I thought that it could be nice (and maybe even possible) to enable (by CEC) Sony's Theater mode when you play a video file/movie and disable it when it stops. Such feature could be added to Kodi CEC adapter settings but a person with Sony setup is needed to capture CEC traffic when TV sends command to AVR (to enable theater mode).

I have only Sony TV so I cannot guess how to enable it.

Anyone?
Really no one with such setup?
I have both a Sony TV and AVR, but the TV doesn't have a theater mode button (I'm pretty sure). I just moved overseas, but whenever I receive my household goods and get unpacked, I will double check. If it does, I will be glad to help.
My old KDL-40EX500 has theater mode. And it's 2010?
My AVR does, but I don't recall the TV having it. The TV is relatively new (2014). Again, I could be mistaken but will have to check.
I think it's there Smile. The trick is Sony AVR should auto enable theater mode both on itself and also TV. This HDMI CEC traffic must be captured using Pulse-Eight adapter. Then devs could do the magic Smile
Understood. I also have the Pulse 8 USB CEC adapter. As soon as I'm able, I'll investigate, but it could be awhile.
Yes. Pulse-Eight's USB CEC adapter is a must in this case. You should have libCEC installed on your system because "cec-client" is needed. Then You should run it "cec-client -m" and capture traffic when Theater mode is enabled on AVR. Then AVR should send a command to the TV. This is what I'm hunting for Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB CEC Adapter (Pulse-Eight) + Sony TV and AVR0