I learned how to create a keyboard.xml file for it here:

Kodi Wiki: Unbranded MCE Remote

I used these key mappings:

Code:
<one mod="ctrl,alt">YourAction1</one> <!-- Green -->
<two mod="ctrl,alt">YourAction2</two> <!-- Orange -->
<three mod="ctrl,alt">YourAction3</three> <!-- Blue -->
<four mod="ctrl,alt">YourAction4</four> <!-- Yellow —>

The other day I upgraded my Raspberry Pi from Raspbmc to OSMC and a new version of Kodi.

The orange and yellow keys stopped working. It took a while and I needed some help, but I finally found that Orange key presses are no longer interpreted to have sent a ctrl-alt-two, but ctrl-alt-at instead. Ditto for the Yellow key. No longer ctrl-alt-four, but ctrl-alt-dollar.

I edited the keyboard.xml file and all is well.

Here's my question: Why?

Is there some reason why this change was made? Certainly, anyone who followed the Wiki page to create a keyboard.xml file now finds themselves with a remote that no longer functions properly.

Anyway, I'm just curious and baffled and somewhat miffed at having spent the better part of the day getting this sorted.
You're not the only one to have spent time on this, but I guess, from the username, you've seen my latest offering as to usable codes for those keys.
The degradation started a long time back, when a user from whom I got the basis for my RaspBMC mappings posted that he could no longer use the top line of buttons (and I couldn't get usable results for these), which would have been pre-frodo.
Later, various other keys changed, and now a scheme which is more consistent with key labelling is:
ctrl-alt-a ctrl-alt-b ctrl-alt-c ctrl-alt-d
for those keys.
Derek
I just can't stop wondering why something like this would be changed. Was it really necessary, or was it a mistake, or is it a byproduct of some other change?

This is the sort of thing that keeps me up at night.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unbranded MCE Remote0