AFTV Stick Hangs on Working
So I've got Kodi 14.2 installed on my Amazon Fire TV Stick. It really works great for the most part except for when I browse shares sometimes and when I start certain movies it hangs for about 2-3 minutes while it says working. The working spinner isn't even spinning, it's just stuck like the thing is completely hung. After about 2-3 minutes it resumes working and works perfectly at that. Anyone run into this?

I really can't believe it's a network problem because I don't have any other troubles with other movies. A 1080p may play fine and then a standard def movie might be the one it chooses to hang on. I've got a router on the floor directly above it and tried the 2ghz and 5ghz channels and they all seem to have the same issue. Really kind of a strange one.

Just curious if anyone has had the same issue and knows of a fix?
So I finally got around to debugging this one myself.. As it turns out I had a very large (18Gig) RAR file with a zillion files in it in the same directory as the files I was trying to play on a Samba share. Kodi was scanning this RAR file and it was taking a very long time (esp over Wifi) and it produced the symptoms I described. I moved the RAR file and now its working flawlessly. Just figured I'd post the solution in case anyone else runs into something similar.
(2015-04-29, 13:56)snowzach Wrote: So I finally got around to debugging this one myself.. As it turns out I had a very large (18Gig) RAR file with a zillion files in it in the same directory as the files I was trying to play on a Samba share. Kodi was scanning this RAR file and it was taking a very long time (esp over Wifi) and it produced the symptoms I described. I moved the RAR file and now its working flawlessly. Just figured I'd post the solution in case anyone else runs into something similar.

If you'd like to speed things up I found switching to a wired connection is faster at displaying folder contents, while media folders on a flash drive are practically instant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV Stick Hangs on Working0