Moving Kodi Library to HTPC but accessing the media via shared network drive.
Hi,

I have just recently built a HTPC in the front room, and trying to transfer all my Kodi settings from my PC to it.

I have copied my user data folder from PC to HTPC, and also changed the path of the movies and TV library so that it accesses them via the shared network drive (which is in my PC). When I click on a file from the video menu, it plays just fine, but when I try to access the media via Movies or TV Shows menu, it says the file no longer exists and asks if I want to remove the file from the library.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for any help. Smile
The movies are stored with their complete path in the database so if you move them to a different location you need to replace the path for all library entries with the new path. The best way is just to delete the library and rescan all movies / tvshows. The alternative is to modify the database and use SQL to replace the path.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-04-23, 12:50)PH-SYM Wrote: The movies are stored with their complete path in the database so if you move them to a different location you need to replace the path for all library entries with the new path. The best way is just to delete the library and rescan all movies / tvshows. The alternative is to modify the database and use SQL to replace the path.

Oh ok, a bit more complicated than I thought.

The reason I don't want to delete the library and re-scan is because I spent quite a lot of time choosing the cover art etc for all my media. Can you point me in the right direction to modify the database in SQL? Is there a guide or something somewhere?
One your original main pc, you can export your library as individual files. Then on the new htpc when you redo your library it should pickup all the thumbs and watched status, etc.
Wheemer's suggestion is the best option in your case I think. If you want to keep the watched status I suggest reading http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library. Make sure you export the library as SINGLE files.
Good luck!
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving Kodi Library to HTPC but accessing the media via shared network drive.0