Razer Forge TV
Any news on people getting their Razer Forge?

Additionally, does anyone know if there would be a way to boot directly to Kodi? I really only want this for playing videos and want to make it as dead simple as possible for aging parents.

thanks,
I'm curious also if anyone has received a Forge yet. I ordered mine directly from Razer and the status still shows as "Order Processing" even though they were supposed to ship on 29 April. Quickly losing faith in them and may just cancel and wait for the Nvidia Shield TV at this rate.
(2015-05-07, 19:52)USCMitch Wrote: I'm curious also if anyone has received a Forge yet. I ordered mine directly from Razer and the status still shows as "Order Processing" even though they were supposed to ship on 29 April. Quickly losing faith in them and may just cancel and wait for the Nvidia Shield TV at this rate.

I hear you. But even with Nvidia, the Shield TV was supposed to be available in May and as of today still there is no word on when it will be available for ordering, and shipping.

Nvidia is a much bigger entity than Razer, so you would think they would have announced something by now but its dead silence at the moment.
I know...
* Martijn laughs evily and keeps it secret
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'd say it is a bad sign that the Razer doesn't even have netflix.

https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?...e-tv.5538/

One of my two requirements for two cheaper boxes I need is MPEG2 for the LiveTV app built into Android TV (don't want to use Kodi for live tv) and Netflix. For my theater I need something that does MPEG2 and VC1 aside from 23.976 and HD audio.
Rumors that Shield TV has pulled the Netflix app too. (see the comments section on the link Drhill posted)

WTF is going on? LOL
(2015-05-07, 20:19)Martijn Wrote: I know...
* Martijn laughs evily and keeps it secret

Sneaky.

One of the benefits of me getting older is that I'm more patient on things when it doesn't make much of a difference for me knowing ahead of time. Not that I wouldn't mind knowing but right now there is nothing on the market that matches either configuration I need (that I just posted above) for my setups. So it isn't like I need to jump the gun and make a rash purchase.
(2015-05-07, 20:24)ozkhan1 Wrote: Rumors that Shield TV has pulled the Netflix app too. (see the comments section on the link Drhill posted)

WTF is going on? LOL

I didn't notice the Nvidia part. I read it this morning and just grabbed the link from history.

Crazy.
(2015-05-07, 20:22)drhill Wrote: I'd say it is a bad sign that the Razer doesn't even have netflix.

One of my two requirements for two cheaper boxes I need is MPEG2 for the LiveTV app built into Android TV (don't want to use Kodi for live tv) and Netflix. For my theater I need something that does MPEG2 and VC1 aside from 23.976 and HD audio.

Not having Netflix is a game changer for me. Was this just recently announced/discovered? If so, that's a bit frustrating. Based on some of the posts in the linked thread, it appears it may be a Netflix certification issue. I wonder if it will/can be resolved soon?
(2015-05-07, 22:22)USCMitch Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 20:22)drhill Wrote: I'd say it is a bad sign that the Razer doesn't even have netflix.

Not having Netflix is a game changer for me. Was this just recently announced/discovered? If so, that's a bit frustrating. Based on some of the posts in the linked thread, it appears it may be a Netflix certification issue. I wonder if it will/can be resolved soon?

I think this is news for everyone today. I imagine it has to be an issue where the app isn't ready for the OS/NDK revision. No way Netflix would be choosy for official AndroidTV boxes. They tend to be buddy buddy with Google and Apple.
(2015-05-07, 23:01)drhill Wrote: I think this is news for everyone today. I imagine it has to be an issue where the app isn't ready for the OS/NDK revision. No way Netflix would be choosy for official AndroidTV boxes. They tend to be buddy buddy with Google and Apple.

I agree.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, even after the Netflix "ninja" app was launched on the Google Play store it took several months before it was available for the AFTV because of compatibility issues.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok. I got my Forge TV and after a couple of hours i finally got Kodi 14.2 and SPMC loaded. Finally figured that i could use Air Share to sideload. Unfortunately, both do not pass audio via HDMI - just static. Tried DTS and DD via passthrough and downmix.
Try 5.1 non-passthrough, it should work on all Android 5.0+
So I just received an email from Razer informing me that my order from 24 April was cancelled. Not sure why, could be they don't ship to APO addresses even though they let me input an APO address. I have an email out to the to clarify.
(2015-05-08, 07:29)Koying Wrote: Try 5.1 non-passthrough, it should work on all Android 5.0+

Ok. It's working now 5.1 with non-passthrough.

Are you able to help get DTS and DD working? I'd be happy to be a Guinea pig, send log files and try test builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Razer Forge TV0