uPnP no longer works from Android
Hi all,

I can't decide if this is a client or a server issue. I have a Windows 8 computer running Kodi 14.2 and a Nexus 7 running Android 5.1 also running Kodi. The Windows machine has an existing library of movies and TV shows. I had the Android tablet configured to enable me to play back my library on the Windows 8 desktop using uPnP. I haven't figured out when this broke, I just noticed recently I was no longer able to do it. The Android device started displaying "server not found". And if I now attempt to re add the Windows 8 PC as a uPnP source, it's simply not visible on the network any more.. It can't find anything and the window remains blank. I have ensured:

- I am up to date with the latest version of Kodi for both platforms
- all uPnP sharing settings are switched on through the Kodi settings on the desktop PC
- I have removed and reinstalled Kodi from my tablet twice including once wiping the android cache partition just in case
- Both devices are connected to the network and able to ping one another

I have been using the uPnP functionality since it was called XBMC and it has always worked perfectly. Seems to have gone wonky since I upgraded to Kodi but I can't say which version exactly as it did initially work. Anyone have suggestions as to what I can try?

Many thanks,

Kev
I haven't managed to resolve this yet, but randomly the other day the uPnP share from Kodi began appearing on the network again without me changing anything. I can add them, but when I attempt to play anything back I get an error message saying playback failed and to check the log for details. Haven't been able to do this yet as not sure where the log file goes on Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPnP no longer works from Android0