Portable Mode.
Hi, I am having a few issues with portable mode and was hoping I could get some help.
-Kodi 14.2 "helix".
-Win7 64 bit.
I installed kodi on a usb flash drive and made a .bat with the -p switch then converted to .exe and everything works great across pc's with different drive letters assigned on each pc.
Obviously I'm trying to make this portable and I'm wondering where in the portable_data folder do I put my music,vid's,and pic's?
Do I just make my own folders within the portable_data folder?
I tried making my own folders on the usb root but that only seems to work for the one pc.
I have read that portable mode doesn't support relative paths...is this true?
Also, is there a way to put Hyperspin somewhere in portable_data so advanced launcher will work without being drive letter specific?
Thanks so much if someone can help.
I don't think you put music, vids and pics into portable_data. You're supposed to setup media sources in Kodi, and your media goes into those. Not sure if it can do relative paths, but you can always extend your .BAT with a clever SUBST to create a virtual drive letter:

SUBST X: \MyMedia

would create a virtual drive letter X: which would point to the "MyMedia" folder in the root of your thumb drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portable Mode.0