amazon fire tv
Hello, I am a bit confused about the Fire Tv,
somewhere I read you need to root it before the very first boot in order to see external HDD plugged in
and somewhere else I read that even unrooted you can see the external HDD but only from the Kodi app. some advices?
ALSO: do the apps works without being a prime subscribers? Like youtube etc?
As from recent AFTV firmware update, you can use external HDD's unrooted, and not only from Kodi.
Re subscriptions, there's nothing specific to AFTV; you don't need one for e.g., youtube, but need one for, e.g. Amazon prime or Netflix.
so can I use the AFTV as let's say smart tv? does it come with every android app or only some selected from amazon? The app I am looking are ie Spotify, Vimeo, Vevo, Youtube etc

many thanks
Just go to http://www.aftvnews.com/ to know everything about AFTV.
(2015-04-29, 11:19)wargo Wrote: Hello, I am a bit confused about the Fire Tv,
somewhere I read you need to root it before the very first boot in order to see external HDD plugged in
and somewhere else I read that even unrooted you can see the external HDD but only from the Kodi app. some advices?
ALSO: do the apps works without being a prime subscribers? Like youtube etc?

It's a good choice for Kodi. Nothing comes closer to a straight out of the box, straight into an excellent Kodi experience. Even the remote is ample, which is more than you could say about the Nexus Player, its closest rival.

No root required, but Kodi must be sideloaded. It's easy using ADBfire. Look for instructions on AFTVnews.

Content that's free on the Web is free on AFTV. As are most apps you would want (Youtube, Spotify, BBC, etc), excluding most games, which is not the platform's strong point.

Subscription service apps, such as Netflix, are also usually free, but you would need to pay to see premium content. Which is many cases is anything at all.

A very recent update to the firmware has opened storage access to the USB port, but only to solid state drives formatted in FAT32. In practice that means you're limited to flash sticks up to 128GB (or maybe 256GB, but that's yet to be verified).

Kodi will automatically find any stick you shove in without you having to add the source. It just works...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
amazon fire tv0