Remote for raspberry pi
To top it off Flirc can be used on pretty much most devices we put Kodi on. So you wont need to buy another IR receiver later when you change devices. Well that is wishful thinking...

Then again most remotes you buy come with a USB receiver. And most will work by just plugging them in, particularly if you buy rc6.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-05-02, 02:51)nickr Wrote: Then again most remotes you buy come with a USB receiver. And most will work by just plugging them in, particularly if you buy rc6.

Talk about easy. Not even a thing to program!

On the other hand, all the receiver/remote combos I've tried needed line of sight, and I was left with visuals of a receiver.

My Flirc is almost magical in comparison.

I've set up one of our Pi 2s with TSOP over GPIO, and while it's cheap and works I found responsiveness left a lot to be desired at times.

Personally, I still prefer CEC for controlling the Pi 2, and if I ever need some more extended functions I quickly grab Yatse. I hardly ever do. Probably does depend on your TV though.
And it's remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sorry guys, bit confused, so which ones are the ones with a usb dongle plug and play remotes

RC6 or RF?

thaks
RF

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote for raspberry pi0