Win External player wont autoload
Since update to kodi
Something changed?

I have installed an external player to start with iso
when i press context menu , i see (when trying to play iso) i see the external player as default
however, if i press it, it doesnt use that external player

i always have to press contexct menu then select the external player manually (although it says that same external player is default for that movie/iso)

With earlier kodi versions, this wasnt a problem

Something changed?
Change the xbmc entry to kodi on your playercorefactory.xml 'filename' line.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
i did lol
The process as it's always been for me:

Press enter on selected iso.
Context menu appears with select playback item (Play main title will already be highlighted)
Press enter and external player starts.

You shouldn't have to bring up the context menu to select a player unless you want to (pressing C).

Basically you should only have to press enter twice and the rest is automated if all is setup correctly.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-04-30, 15:49)brazen1 Wrote: Change the xbmc entry to kodi on your playercorefactory.xml 'filename' line.

Sorry to ask, but where is this xbmc to kodi line entry required to be amended in the filename?

(AFAIK if you are ref to the syntax in the open/close tags for:
Code:
<hidexbmc>xxxxx</hidexbmc>

Its shouldn't matter if syntax is: "<hidexbmc>xxxxx</hidexbmc>" or: "<hidekodi>xxxxx</hidekodi>")

As far as per the OP do you have specified rules for ISO to play via external player:
i.e.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
    <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
    <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
    <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
    <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4" player="VLC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

As per the prepend rules, anything with following: "mkv|avi|mp4" file extensions are to be played by specified external player "VLC", your usecase would just have .iso extension:

Code:
<rule filetypes="iso" player="add your external player name"/>

The "C" for context menu is for play using; if you have setup multiple external players in the playercorefactory.xml file without rules as fallback from default on a per file play basis.

Ref for more info: http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players
i'll show my files later :Wink
He's trying to launch external player for .iso. Your code isn't going to do that unless it will play a .iso directly without a need to mount it. Popular players like TMT or PDVD need to mount the image. I don't use VLC so I wouldn't know? Not sure if that player does menus or bitstreaming? This code will. It points to the .bat that needs to be created. It's that point that needs to be changed from 'XBMC' to 'KODI' after upgrading on the filename line. If you need help with the .bat........ ask. Understand, to launch .iso using external player, that .iso needs to be mounted using a virtual BD-ROM drive. I use VirtualClone Drive but you can use whatever you want.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEGOESHERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
                        <forceontop>false</forceontop>
        </player>
    </players>
      <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
      </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Oh, I see, the change to the playercorefactory.xml was for the PlayISO batch file's directory path.

I can personally see this would be useful with BDMV/extra content/audio/menu, chapter selections, etc etc, where master has been saved to .iso without stripping, in contrast to playing .iso directly, the batch file allows virtual mounting of .iso to an external player.

i.e. playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="Total Media Theatre" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
    <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
    <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv" player="Total Media Theatre"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

i.e. PlayISO.bat

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" L:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:end
exit
Couple added benefits here. I'm sure you can see the relevance. Works perfectly. Doesn't steal focus, exits back to Kodi, etc. Keymap alt + f4 on remote and you're all set. Take virtual BD-Rom out of startup in W8.1 and you'll never even have to see it as it will auto trigger and dismount when called on. Thus, just press enter twice and it's playing. Be sure to select 'primary original audio only' in external player for audio. Select keymapped alt + f4 and everything quits and you're back at Kodi in focus. Check my playercorefactory I posted above carefully for hiding.

Extra tip for those using multi monitors and an AVR because it took me a long time to work out this windows bug. HDMI out of your GPU into your AVR and out to your movie playback panel. DVI out of your GPU to your PC monitor and bypass your AVR. Audio out of your PC motherboard to your PC monitor for audio. (the green plug). Set your monitor speakers to that audio and NOT the HDMI that is coming into it on your monitor hard button adjustment settings. In windows audio properties, set that green plug motherboard audio as default. Use a DVI to HDMI cable. If you don't, you will notice that if you start your PC while the AVR is on, you won't render until windows is fully booted and that makes things like getting into the bios impossible.

Set audio in Kodi to wasapi whatever your AVR is for both and select passthrough for whatever your AVR is capable of. Check Use fullscreen instead of Truefullscreen. Switching is all automated, bitstreaming and reverts back to PC monitor speakers when Kodi quits and the AVR is turned off. There is no need for any of that cover pin 19 HDMI stuff or 3rd party switchers or manual input or modified EDID.

Furthermore, none of these external players are very remote friendly nor do they have the special features Kodi skins do. Kodi playback and control is actually much better. I notice the external players do not handle matching refresh rate as well as the Kodi player does so you will get frame drops on a steady basis. The external players do have the benefit of showing you the complete Blu-ray though where Kodi is still warming up to that function. Normally I play Blu-ray externally so I can accomplish a few things: I like the intro stuff and the previews. Most importantly, many titles contain theatrical or director cut versions, one longer than the other. I prefer the longer one. At the start of the Blu-ray you will be presented if it is such. Now that I know there are more than one possible choices of titles to choose, I exit the external, press keymapped C for context menu and find the title I want using Kodi player so I don't have frame drops and can use the candy in Kodi during playback. Sounds complicated but in reality it's two or three button presses. I'm using W8.1 and latest Isengard nightly with Aeon Shednox flawless controlled with Harmony 900 and Onkyo 616.

Code:
Set file=%1

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe"
timeout /t 1
timeout /t 3
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" D:
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

here are my 2 codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Total Media Theatre" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filetypes="iso" player="Total Media Theatre"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and Playiso.bat

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" F:

exit

whats wrong? Why isnt it auto-using tmt although it says its default for iso?
Is there something wrong?
Can you try the files I posted in the links post #8
<filename>%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

in playercore

and

Set file=%1

in playiso is the only difference?

i will

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player wont autoload0