Option to disable saving of resume positions
I've asked about this once before, and didnt get a response, but here I go again:

Short version:
I'd like an option to disable saving resume points on exit of a video. This is the only cause (for me) of stuttering playback with a large db, unless i'm mistaken.

Long Version:

The issues with the stuttering on initial playback of video files with a large db have been greatly minimised over the last 6 months, but exiting a video still results in 10 seconds of stuttering before the video is exited. I assume this is because of the resume point being saved. With a fresh db, no imdb scans, I still have 1500 files in the db after about 2 weeks of use (I often forget which episode I'm up to in tv series).

I understand the db will overhauled/rewritten, but I'm unsure of the expected timeframe. I realise that setting timelines is not a good option in this project (as we saw with 2.0), but if the 'guesstimated' timeframe is months and months, can we have an option to disable the saving of resume points? For me, resume points are pointless (no pun intended, honestly). I could count the number of times I've wanted to resume a video on one hand, and if I want to do this, I can set a bookmark before exiting. Disabling these would allow me (and I'm sure many others) to scan all my movies into the db and still have relatively stutterless playback and exiting.
it's not only bookmark.. all video settings get's saved too.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Whoops - I should have realised that. If possible, I'd like to disable all of that, but I assume no dev will want to implement this, as it actually disables many compelling features that are used by lots of users (but obviously only when set to do so). Am I correct?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable saving of resume positions0