SMB Lock Preferences Problem
Hey all. I've been having issues staying connected to my SMB share. Here's the set up:

1. atv2 running Kodi 14.2 - fresh installed
2. TP-Link N600 w/ attached hard drive

I connect to the hard drive via smb protocol, and everything works when I set it up the first time. I use username:password@ipaddress/volume1 (this is the root of the hard drive). Everything runs well, scans through, etc. The problem comes when I exit Kodi and then come back into the app. The information scraped from the hard drive is still there (i.e. I can still see my movies and tv shows), however I'm prompted to enter my password for the smb share. Even when I click 'remember this password/path,' I'm always prompted to re-enter the password.

I've tried adding the share a number of times, and have even edited the sources.xml to reflect the password and username to no avail.

Any suggestions (other than 'don't log out/exit Kodi')?
debug log (wiki) when it fails
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It looks like it has something to do with LockSettings.xml (?). Here's what things look like:

[edit: will post log via pastebin later today]

So it looks like something isn't saving the username and password I enter?
never cut logs, never post logs directly into the forum - post the full log to pastebin.com and only put the link in here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Platform: atv2
Version of iOS: 5.3 w/ 6.1.4
Kodi compiled Mar 26 2015 by GCC 4.2.1
Installed using apt-get

Debug Log:
http://pastebin.com/aZrEMNfm

So the error is related to somehow needing to enter my username and password for the smb server after every log in.
1. this is not a debug log (wiki) (debugging is not turned on!)
2. It is cut again (missing the end)
3. Enable debugging, reproduce the issue, close Kodi, post the log to pastebin
This should be it

Started up Kodi
Selected 'Tv Shows' under Video -> Files
Was prompted for a password (I'm always prompted, even when I tell it to save the password)
Closed Kodi

http://pastebin.com/3WcBpG7f
Mhh i can only see:

Code:
529.11:52:01 T:803811328   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/volume1/TV%20Shows'
530.                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Try the following. ssh into the ATV2 and force correct permissions

Code:
chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi

Try again after that. If that doesn't help have a look into /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/sources.xml and passwords.xml - ensure that sources.xml contains the source without password and passwords.xml contains the needed credentials to it.
Still stuck

Ran the line to fix permissions, but nothing changed.
Edited sources.xml and passwords.xml so that sources.xml contains path and passwords.xml contains the passwords.

Code:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/volume1/TV Shows/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/volume1/Movies/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </video>

Code:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/volume1</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/volume1/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

(My user name and password are entered in the password file)

Recent debug
Opened Kodi
Attempted to play show
Went under Videos -> Movies
Prompted for password
Stuff plays
Closed Kodi

I also have a 'mediasources.xml' in the Kodi directory. Is that, perhaps, not jiving with these other files? I'm sort of at a loss
mhh this is one share (volume1) and you have 2 sources made from it (TVShows, Movies) or are this 2 shares?
One share (volume1) with two folders that I've set as sources (tv shows and movies).
could you try 2 password entries in passwords.xml - one for each source? out of clues. i am using an samba3 server on my linux nas and had never any issues with it
Will give it a try. Thanks for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Lock Preferences Problem0