Fanart on an external HDD? (Linux)
When I did my latest install, I threw a 32GB SSD into my NUC to run KodiBuntu, thinking it was more than enough. I did a custom partition scheme where I gave root 8GB, swap 4GB, and home about 20GB. After just a few days of use I'm seeing both root and home are about 50 to 60% full. I think a lot of it is the music scrapers. I have a large library and frequently listen to net radio in Kodi, which scans in even more fanart (but not sure if that fanart it is just cached or kept).

I was wondering if it was possible or even feasible to move the fanart directory (especially for music) to my external USB drive. It is only USB2, but it is always connected and don't think latency would be a major issue... I think it would just load up a second or two later... Would disconnecting the external drive crash out Kodi or something? Anything I am not thinking of?

I haven't scraped my games yet, so little worried about space.

I'm thinking I could just duplicate the fanart directory to the external drive and mount it as the appropriate fanart directory in Linux? What directories would I be dealing with? Thoughts?

Here is what the drives are looking like now:

Quote:/dev/sda1 8.0G 4.2G 3.4G 55% /
none 4.1k 0 4.1k 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
udev 2.0G 4.1k 2.0G 1% /dev
tmpfs 403M 877k 403M 1% /run
none 5.3M 0 5.3M 0% /run/lock
none 2.1G 4.1k 2.1G 1% /run/shm
none 105M 4.1k 105M 1% /run/user
/dev/sda6 20G 12G 7.0G 62% /home
/dev/sdb1 3.1T 1.5T 1.6T 50% /media/Elements

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help