Video streams no longer play, on any build
Hi all,

I'm new to the Pi, and so far I've only been using it for XBMC/Kodi so my knowledge of programming is extremely limited. Recently, all streams I try to watch fail. I've tried several different builds (Raspbmc, OpenElec etc.) and the problem is the same with every one. I use Phoenix add-on, and another add-on (HD Streaming) which I log into with a paid subscription. A friend of mine also has the same problem. I couldn't find a suitable thread on here but apologies if this is a known issue.

Here is a link to the kodi.log in the hope that it's something obvious...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7133763/kodi.log

Many thanks in advance,
Jon
Set gpu_mem=128 or even gpu_mem=256 in config.txt

In your logs, it just looks like a mass of network errors - is the internet working correctly for the Pi? It doesn't look like the Pi has a working internet connection, at the very least it doesn't seem to have a reliable DNS.

Unrelated to your issues, but you haven't enabled the MPEG codec licence, so (once you fix your network issues) if you have trouble playing MPEG material that will be the reason. Buy it from the Raspberry Foundation online store, it only costs a couple of UK Pounds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse, thanks for the quick reply.

Here's my config.txt :

arm_freq=850
core_freq=375
force_turbo=1
gpu_mem_512=128
gpu_mem_256=112
disable_overscan=1
start_file=start_x.elf
fixup_file=fixup_x.dat
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Which gpu option should I modify?

Internet connection seems ok but I think I'm using a different build now. I'll upload another log later.

Cheers,
Jon
That log you uploaded shows you are using only 64MB for GPU. I'd remove both gpu_mem_XXX lines and just set gpu_mem=128 so there's no confusion.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nice one, I'll try that and report back. Thanks
Hi Milhouse,

I changed the gpu setting, and that seems to have resolved the issue. I think the internet connection issues were just down to a poor wifi connection so were unrelated.

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video streams no longer play, on any build0