• 7(current)
Live TV - Time shift buffer indicator
Looks like Glenn-1990 have picked up this idea and submitted a new pull request here

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9045

Sounds as if he choosen a different approch, but still with only a single progressbar.
Great news! And let me put it into more words with an example how useful this actually is besides just being real nice.

Some backends, like DVBviewer, have continues buffer issues that I've report all the way back 2 years ago; https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/2
So why is this so helpful en what happens?
For my setup to spare the SSD (got a 100% passive htpc) I made a ramdisk and the live buffer is put into the ramdisk (6GB ramdisk, 2GB for os).
At some point the space runs out on the ramdisk but the PVR addon doesn't know about this and stops.
Sometimes I pause for a sec and answer some e-mails or whatever so I can fastforward the commercials... at times with no track of how much is actually in the buffer.
They don't seem to solve this bug so this will be huge once it works! would have it a bit different if I were picky but this is really useful!

Also about the above issue; I know how it can be solved in a nice way (functionality, unfortunately I can't code) but nobody listens to me. If you're in the power of solving it PM me for info or have me try a testbuild!
(2016-02-09, 15:40)Woppie Wrote: Great news! And let me put it into more words with an example how useful this actually is besides just being real nice.

Some backends, like DVBviewer, have continues buffer issues that I've report all the way back 2 years ago; https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/2
For my setup to spare the SSD (got a 100% passive htpc) I made a ramdisk and the live buffer is put into the ramdisk (6GB ramdisk, 2GB for os).
At some point the space runs out on the ramdisk but the PVR addon doesn't know about this and stops.
Sometimes I pause for a sec and answer some e-mails or whatever so I can fastforward the commercials... at times with no track of how much is actually in the buffer.
They don't seem to solve this bug so this will be huge once it works! would have it a bit different if I were picky but this is really useful!

Also about the above issue; I know how it can be solved in a nice way (functionality, unfortunately I can't code) but nobody listens to me. If you're in the power of solving it PM me for info or have me try a testbuild!
Sorr but your issue does not sound to have anything to do at all with what this feature request discussion thread is about. This specific feature request which this forum thread is about have niothing to do with the actual buffering process or any intelligence to tell how much disk space you have left.

Please understand that this thread is only about adding GUI elements to skins to inicate to users how much recording had been done when a user pause Live TV, which enables timeshifting, so that that with the GUI indicator know how much they can rewind or fast forward.

A backend should never let Kodi fast forward a Live TV stream so far ahead that it has gone past what is not even recorded yet. If you have an issue with a bug like that in specific backends then you will be better of trying to contact those developers behind the PVR client addon for that backend.
(2016-02-09, 17:28)Hedda Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 15:40)Woppie Wrote: Great news! And let me put it into more words with an example how useful this actually is besides just being real nice.

Sorr but your issue does not sound to have anything to do at all with what this feature request discussion thread is about. This specific feature request which this forum thread is about have niothing to do with the actual buffering process or any intelligence to tell how much disk space you have left.

Please understand that this thread is only about adding GUI elements to skins to inicate to users how much recording had been done when a user pause Live TV, which enables timeshifting, so that that with the GUI indicator know how much they can rewind or fast forward.

A backend should never let Kodi fast forward a Live TV stream so far ahead that it has gone past what is not even recorded yet. If you have an issue with a bug like that in specific backends then you will be better of trying to contact those developers behind the PVR client addon for that backend.

You don't understand why this gui element is so important to me even while I wrote it quite clearly.
Really unfortunate, but it IS related somewhat. You just can't see it I'm afraid, to bad.
So much hate in this thread!!! where's the love!!!Huh

(2016-02-09, 12:38)Hedda Wrote: Looks like Glenn-1990 have picked up this idea and submitted a new pull request here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9045
Sounds as if he choosen a different approch, but still with only a single progressbar.

Reading the above (the later posts) it doesn’t look very positive, although i may have misread/misunderstood what is being said....
Woppi mentions MediaPortal. After trying it, I found its own GUI to be quite impressive however getting it to work was a nightmare. V2 wouldn't even work on my setup. Kept grabbing "unknown" channels even after taking the recommended steps. I had to go with 1.15. A bit easier and more reliable but once I enabled the kodi addon and Titan's skin (which is what MP recommends) the timeshifting display was no different than my existing build. I find WMC's PVR functions far superior to kodi's. From smoother and quicker rewind/ff scans to faster channel switching and as I said far, far superior timeshifting buffer integration.
(2016-07-18, 21:36)x60hz11 Wrote: Titan's skin (which is what MP recommends) the timeshifting display was no different than my existing build.

I don't believe Titan supports this function yet, unless something has changed since i asked the question: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2361662
What Jarvis skins support the timeshift indicator? I'd be interested to try them out (just do not want to install every skin to check whether the function is supported).
(2016-08-18, 04:21)moronim Wrote: What Jarvis skins support the timeshift indicator? I'd be interested to try them out (just do not want to install every skin to check whether the function is supported).

To my knowledge no skin supports this feature.

I tried adding it to Rapier, but never got it working properly.

I know marcelveldt tried it out as well, but I can see he also removed it: https://github.com/marcelveldt/skin.tita...11a15ddad9
Looks like it has been implemented into estuary.... Which is the new default skin in Kodi 17
@AshG Did you try it?

I think some of us wait for this feature since some years now. But if you are not a developer, you have to wait... Wink

I use jarvis and the skin aeon nox silvo. I would really appreciate to see this in Krypton.
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
As far as I can see it's not implemented in Estuary either.
(2016-08-20, 13:30)hoppel118 Wrote: @AshG Did you try it?

I think some of us wait for this feature since some years now. But if you are not a developer, you have to wait... Wink

I use jarvis and the skin aeon nox silvo. I would really appreciate to see this in Krypton.

Yes tested it out and it works for me - although im doubting myself now! I'll test it out again and confirm. I also believe it depends on what PVR is used...(i use dvblogic) im not sure if i understand this correcrly but i believe its how timeshift is implemented and shown in Kodi or something like that! I maybe wrong though!
Just tested again defently has been implemented. i see 2 shades of blue in the progress bar one relates to real time the other relates to the position i am in the timeshift buffer.
(2016-08-21, 12:14)AshG Wrote: Just tested again defently has been implemented. i see 2 shades of blue in the progress bar one relates to real time the other relates to the position i am in the timeshift buffer.

Sorry, no.

A quick search in Estuary shows no results of timeshift.

The info labels for timeshift are all called PVR.TimeshiftXXX and no such infolabel is available in Estuary in the latest nightly.

The thing you can see is the normal progress cache, which is present in most skins. It shows how much of the file is cached above current play percentage
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV - Time shift buffer indicator3