Reverts to default settings
I'm using a raspberry pi 2 with the latest version of openelec. All of it worked fine up until recently when it inexplicably started resetting to default settings. All of my configuration, such as playlists and favourites, still exist but for some reason it just randomly reverts back to the default skin and removes all of my changes.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
looks like something is corrupting your guisettings.xml file. Do you cut the power while Kodi is running or do you first trigger a shutdown and then power off?
I always shutdown before powering off
what SD card are you using? There are some issues with the old SD-card drivers and newer Class10 SD-cards. If you dare you could try a build by Milhouse with an experimental new SD-card driver, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1994894 for more details on how to enable the driver, but be sure to pick the latest build available to have the latest fixes in.
I'm using a Sandisk Class 10 16gb microSDHC.

Is there any way to backup the settings so that there's a quick way to revert to my altered settings?
Take a backup of guisettings.xml? That's where most settings are stored.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
or just use the backup optioni openelec settings to create a fulle back and restore when needed.
Thanks for the help guys, I'll give it a go

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverts to default settings0