Linux LIRC setup in Ubuntu 15.04 and Systemd Help Plz
Hi Kodi User,

I have successfully installed ubuntu 15.04 on my new medic-pc and mostly everything is working well.

I have MCE v2 remote and I want to get it working like it was in windows.

I know that the MCE and lirc are working becuase when I type
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure lirc

the remote works. I know a little about systemd and I know that lircd isn't supported.
I have attempted the follow commands without success
Code:
systemctrl enable lircd.service
&
Code:
systemctrl enable lircd.socket

Both without success. NB have tried lirc instead of lircd still no success

I have read a few posts from other distributions that say you need to create you own configs in /etc/systemd/system/ but these are slight old post and may work with arch linux but not ubuntu becuase it seems to install things in difference location.

I know that lirc and the remote work because after I reconfigure the package it seems to load the lirc into systemd and the remote functions normally in Kodi.

I am not in front of my computer at the moment but I am pretty the Lirc verison is 0.9

I sure there is a simple solution. Is enabling lirc on boot with systemd the best way to setup remote, I can that other user have autostart script in the "seamless remote" sticky post ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
I'm on Archlinux and i don't have any problem with Lirc and systemd.
Lirc works perfectly fine with systemd.

reboot
systemctrl status lircd.service
Make sure it's "Active: active (running)"

If it's active and running check and see if your remote works, if its not working you probably need to change the protocol.

sudo ir-keytable -p LIRC

See if the remotes works. If it does, all you need now is to autostart ir-keytable -p LIRC on every boot.
Create systemd service to start ir-keytable -p LIRC after lircd.service or simply copy lircd.service to /etc/systemd/system/
edit and add this ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/ir-keytable --protocol=LIRC under [Service]
(2015-05-12, 16:55)decaturguy Wrote: I'm on Archlinux and i don't have any problem with Lirc and systemd.
Lirc works perfectly fine with systemd.

reboot
systemctrl status lircd.service
Make sure it's "Active: active (running)"

If it's active and running check and see if your remote works, if its not working you probably need to change the protocol.

sudo ir-keytable -p LIRC

See if the remotes works. If it does, all you need now is to autostart ir-keytable -p LIRC on every boot.
Create systemd service to start ir-keytable -p LIRC after lircd.service or simply copy lircd.service to /etc/systemd/system/
edit and add this ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/ir-keytable --protocol=LIRC under [Service]

Firstly decaturguy thank you for the reply,

I have now been able to load the services, they were already loaded in fact. Also irw shows that the remote is working and receiving signal. Also ir-keytables actually not installed and seem to make no difference

But the only way to me to get to run on Kodi is to run dpkg --reconfig lirc as noted above. It must to running some executable that isn't loading becuase afterwards it works perfectly.

I am open to suggections
Hmm i wonder where your kodi listen on location for lirc commands, read your log or provide kodi debug log.
does it search for /var/run/lirc/lircd or /dev/lircd see if those location exits.

If one of those exit try starting kodi with that location, --lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd
That is a good question,

I have emailed the package maintainers to see wtf the deal is, I quest since 15.04 is the first systemd verison of Ubuntu there are going to be packing issues.

I will post any success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC setup in Ubuntu 15.04 and Systemd Help Plz0