Kodi not updating and cleaning library, only on startup
Hi All,

After upgrading to Kodi, it doesnt update or clean the library with any of the addons. I have used XBMC library auto update and Watchdog. It only works if i exit and open Kodi again. This is quite annoying since i have to perform a manual scan on the source but that only updates the shows, no cleaning library. Please help

My specs

Windows 7 64 bit
Kodi - 14.2 Helix
Skin:Hybrid Development

Tx in advance
Disable some of your add-ons to see if you can work out which one is breaking the library scan.
Thanks bud. I have decided to downgrade to ver 13. Which updater addon would you recommend?
I can't help if you are going backwards to earlier version. Sounds to me like you have an add-on in there that is not being supported in v14.

Work through your addons and checked if they are still being supported. It could easily be an addon you aren't even using any more, or could live without.

No idea what an "updater addon" is.

Edit: When troubleshooting start by disabling any addon that is messing with your library. I can see that you talk of "I have used XBMC library auto update and Watchdog." which clearly sounds like addons that are messing with the library. Disable them, Test KODI. Then go check for updates of these addons.
Hi. I will disable the add-ons as suggested however sites Kodi update and clean the library while it's in use? That is the only reason why I'm trying these add-ons.Thanks
(2015-05-17, 13:12)veez999 Wrote: Hi. I will disable the add-ons as suggested however sites Kodi update and clean the library while it's in use? That is the only reason why I'm trying these add-ons.Thanks
Sorry - I guess English isn't your first language. And I am totally rubbish at any other language but English. Can you try asking that question another way please? Smile I can't make sense of the bit in the middle. I'll take a guess at what you are asking.

When I add new movies or TV shows to my collection, I just manually click on the Update Library button. I like to do it that way as it also lets me double check the new items have been added to the library correctly. Same with music.

Cleaning is the same. I only clean when I know I have been deleting from my media folders. I then manually clean from the System Settings.

Often I will trigger both the library clean and library update from a different PC using the Website Controls or Yatse on a tablet. Much of my access of my KODI media centre is in this way using remote controls. These are good at putting those library buttons within easy reach.

I do not use any automatic tools to do either of these tasks. This is why I cannot suggest which to use.
Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not updating and cleaning library, only on startup0