3D and kodi
I have a Samsung Smart 3D TV and I have an external hard drive hooked up to my RPI 2 with Kodi and Xbian.

I'm having trouble playing 3D. When I turn on 3D through the TV itself, it overlaps both pictures but the distance is really off, and this is with all my 3D files.

Sometimes if I don't enable the TV and just have Kodi enable the over/under, I get 4 pictures (double on each side). And if this 4 picture thing happens and then I enable the TV 3D, I get regular 2 pictures again that don't overlap.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Side by side seems to work fine. It's the over under that seems to be completely off.
Can you grab a screenshot (printscreen key on keyboard) when in the broken over under mode?
Hey everyone. I know this is old, but I've searched this and didn't find an answer. I use Kodi Isengard 15.2 on my Minix X8-H. I have a few problems with 3D, that I don't have when I use XBMC 13.3.3 minix edition.

1- 4K resolution: If I use 4K resolution, when displaying 3D movies, both images appear on half of screen. 2D appears normally.
2- SBS: there is a huge overlay. Images are misalligned side by side, with more distance between them;
3- Top Bottom: The same as SBS, but the misallignment is top/Bottom. Side by side alignment is correct, respecting the allignment the 3D glasses requires.

If I select a 3D movie, don't stop 3D after playback of video and go to video calibration, closing left or right eye, images are not alligned.

Repeating that if I close Kodi and use XBMC, it doesn't happens. The problem is that XBMC gotham has not all the add-ons anymore.

Any help? Would be possible to change this allignment,editing any xml file, for example?

Thanks.
I used to have the same problem. the only resolution i could come up with was to manually zoom from within kodi once the movie wa playing. I forget which option its under.
could be a firmware related issue of the Minix boxes for which they required custom changes to their XBMC version. ATM we stick to official Android API and drop any custom hacks - vendors should fix their broken firmware. So I'm sorry, there is likely not much we can do on our side. You could give the beta of Jarvis (v16) a try as there had been some improvements/fixes.
Tks a lot. It could be nice if 3d video calibration could be added, the same way that there is a video calibration, allowing user to correct overlay alignment.
I doubt that we can calibrate anything on firmware/hw decoder level. Just ask your box vendors for a fix in firmware or in future, don't buy cheap fire-and-forget Android boxes with little to no support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D and kodi0