• 4(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - Mr. V Widgets V3 for Jarvis
I have tried this mod and think it is great work, but far too elaborate for a stand-alone mod. The maintenance to maintain it would be ridiculous. I would suggest sending a PM to BigNoid about adding a pull request to add this to the main skin when completed (I'm sure he could remove the requirement of the keymap with his own python skills). But, it may be too much code to integrate into the skin. And BigNoid has stated in the past that he doesn't want to include widgets of this type. I think it would be a waste to not share this work with other Nox users.

Aeon Nox 5 is currently the second-most popular Kodi skin and I think this mod would be an improvement, but that is only my opinion.

Anyways, I would suggest leaving this with Mike Silvo's mod as it makes the most sense there. It would create mass confusion in trying to sort out where each part goes in the skin directory. Something permanent would be better.
(2015-06-15, 01:11)Warner306 Wrote: I have tried this mod and think it is great work, but far too elaborate for a stand-alone mod. The maintenance to maintain it would be ridiculous. I would suggest sending a PM to BigNoid about adding a pull request to add this to the main skin when completed (I'm sure he could remove the requirement of the keymap with his own python skills). But, it may be too much code to integrate into the skin. And BigNoid has stated in the past that he doesn't want to include widgets of this type. I think it would be a waste to not share this work with other Nox users.

Aeon Nox 5 is currently the second-most popular Kodi skin and I think this mod would be an improvement, but that is only my opinion.

Anyways, I would suggest leaving this with Mike Silvo's mod as it makes the most sense there. It would create mass confusion in trying to sort out where each part goes in the skin directory. Something permanent would be better.

Completely off topic but out of curiosity how do you know it is the second most popular skin?
(2015-06-15, 01:24)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 01:11)Warner306 Wrote: I have tried this mod and think it is great work, but far too elaborate for a stand-alone mod. The maintenance to maintain it would be ridiculous. I would suggest sending a PM to BigNoid about adding a pull request to add this to the main skin when completed (I'm sure he could remove the requirement of the keymap with his own python skills). But, it may be too much code to integrate into the skin. And BigNoid has stated in the past that he doesn't want to include widgets of this type. I think it would be a waste to not share this work with other Nox users.

Completely off topic but out of curiosity how do you know it is the second most popular skin?

I read it in an online article a couple months ago. Lifehacker had a reader poll recently and Aeon Nox was number one, but that article didn't specify which version of Aeon Nox, just Aeon Nox.

Oh, and Aeon MQ5 was number one, which would imply this was a Helix poll.
(2015-06-15, 01:52)Warner306 Wrote: I read it in an online article a couple months ago. Lifehacker had a reader poll recently and Aeon Nox was number one, but that article didn't specify which version of Aeon Nox, just Aeon Nox.

Interesting... Thanks for the info Smile
(2015-06-15, 01:57)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 01:52)Warner306 Wrote: I read it in an online article a couple months ago. Lifehacker had a reader poll recently and Aeon Nox was number one, but that article didn't specify which version of Aeon Nox, just Aeon Nox.

Interesting... Thanks for the info Smile

Newb, asking a really dumb question w/r/t this mini discussion. Can the popularity of a skin be gleaned from looking at the 'threads & posts' stats on Kodi's own skin support directory?

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

From those stats the top 5 order appears to be:

#1. Aeon MQ with 3,443 threads and 61,623 posts.
#2. Aeon Nox with 2,393 threads and 45,915 posts.
#3. Confluence with 1,502 threads and 14,664 posts.
#4. Transparency with 1,407 threads and 13,386 posts.
#5. Alaska with 600 threads and 10,883 posts.

Basically the Aeon's sit in a class by themselves.

Oh btw, just switched over from Shednox's skin to your fine work. Words cannot describe. I loved the look of Shednox's skin but for me there was some functionality missing there that I desired. In fact I even experimented with XBMC/Kodi alternatives (Plex and MediaPortal, to name two) while looking for something that worked for me. All that changed on Fri when, on a lark, I decided to install your skin on my test laptop. Once I saw that it has everything I need (save one or two trivialities) I made the jump. Its fully functional (I didn't realize what I was missing), looks aesthetically pleasing, and has some sorting/listing options that I desired.

So I tip my bowler in your direction Mike. You've done an outstanding job with the skin.

Thanks.
Will the widgets work for Trakt TV as well? I seem to be having some issues with blank DVD's rolling in for my movies library from Trakt. Also for my TV Shows libray on trakt I don't have hardly any view setting options like I have for movies. For my TV Shows library I don't even get the DVD cases.

(2015-06-15, 19:42)Repoman Wrote: Will the widgets work for Trakt TV as well? I seem to be having some issues with blank DVD's rolling in for my movies library from Trakt. Also for my TV Shows libray on trakt I don't have hardly any view setting options like I have for movies. For my TV Shows library I don't even get the DVD cases.

I would think you would only get fanart and posters (two of the widget options) for online sources because the widgets rely on artwork from your library. If it is a pirate source, it can't be discussed on these forums due to the forum rules.
Guys is there any details of how to use this mod please, i have added https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...rv_widgets everything there into my skin folders so replaced them etc, new to all this so not entirely sure what im doing, I am using Helix and the Mikesilva mod skin....Just cant seem to figure out where i change it all so i can get the effects you posted in the first post for all the different views for the widgets...do i need to add something in the keymap xml file?

Sorry once again to hassle and ask just little confusing when new to playing about with skins.

Thanks for any help you can offer up to this numpty
(2015-06-18, 01:58)kizzer31 Wrote: Guys is there any details of how to use this mod please, i have added https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...rv_widgets everything there into my skin folders so replaced them etc, new to all this so not entirely sure what im doing, I am using Helix and the Mikesilva mod skin....Just cant seem to figure out where i change it all so i can get the effects you posted in the first post for all the different views for the widgets...do i need to add something in the keymap xml file?

Sorry once again to hassle and ask just little confusing when new to playing about with skins.

Thanks for any help you can offer up to this numpty

The skin link is for Isengard so you will have some weird issues and certain skin functions will not work because of those specific Isengard changes. You set up the widgets in skin settings > home window > set up the aeon nox menus. The keymap file I think is only needed if you want to be able to press "I" to get the information screen not sure about that though. You also need to install the addon Mr. V created to use the widgets as I believe it is required to have the options appear.
Thanks again Mike will look into it further :-)
Getting somewhere mike :-)....i can now see an option called widget style only issue is inside that its just saying none :-(
Nope we are there lol.....Thanks for all your guidance Mike big help
Currently working on adding additional options.
- Backgrounds
- Color
- Transparency
- 2 Widgets per home item

I am open for feature requests at this point. Much easier to add now than later.

Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
yeah man ! Transparency ! Go on great work Smile

Hope will be definitively on any silvo nox update Smile
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

Great add-on Mr. V.

Was hoping someone could help me out. I installed the add-on, everything works. The only issue I have is when, the widgets are activated my background changes to the poster (or fan art) and never changes back to my selected background. This happens whether I am hovering over the selected widget item or just on the main menu bar on Movies or TV Shows.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - Mr. V Widgets V3 for Jarvis4