Kodi only plays and loads movies when I am on wifi...please help!!
is this a DNS problem?

Is there an ini file i need to edit somewhere or something that tells xbmc i do in fact have internet in my phone. The problem i am facing is when i swtch my phone to 3g xbmc will not fully load the addons i have installed and when they do load, nothing downloads and i cannot stream anything. The instant i turn the wifi on everything works? How are we supposed to enjoy xbmc if we cannot stream content or anything when we are on the go, say a long drive or a long bus ride for example?

I would like to know if some one more tech savy can get this to work. I wonder if this has something to do with the dns servers that are used when im on 3g as opposed to at home with WiFi.
Sad 
Hi everyone and thanks for the help in advance.

I have been a long time user of Kodi on my android phone (Samsung G5s). After reinstalling Kodi 14.2 I cant play any movies with my phone connection but when I connect my phone to a wifi connection it works like a charm. I thought maybe downgrading would work but it didnt. If anyone could please help me I will be very grateful you cant imagine the boredom lol
80 views and no response? There must be someone that knows why this is happening
This is what I want to know also. Please someone help us!
As far as I know, Kodi should work just fine on a cellular/mobile connection. It might be something weird were some phones "present" the connection differently than how other devices do it, and when Kodi checks for a network connection it thinks there isn't one. I know something kind of similar happened to Kodi on iOS years ago, but I have no idea if something like that would happen on Android.
I've merged the two threads since this sounds like the same issue.
I'm running into the same issue.

I have two android devices, both only streaming over wifi. I can duplicate this using any streaming addon, but the connection is good as I can get YouTube videos to work on both devices.

Here's the weird part.... One is a Nexus 9 tablet running cyanogenmod 12.1 on ATT. When I'm connected to wifi, everything works perfectly, but when I go to my LTE connection, it fails. The other device is a tronsmart s89-h. This is actually where I first ran into problems, and it was only by accident that I figured this all out. When the tronsmart is connected to wired ethernet, it fails to stream content, no matter what addon I use. I tried everything. I thought it was a DNS problem with Charter, so I put in openDNS. Then I thought it was being blocked, so I set up a VPN proxy. I wiped the unit and reinstalled Kodi. I tried every addon I could find. It wasn't until I had been
searching for a few days that I stumbled on someone else with a different problem on a different device streaming from a different source (local SMB) but with the same error. I almost ignored it, but I had tried everything else.

That user changed from ethernet to wireless, and it worked. So I tried it too... And it worked on the tronsmart too.

Since then, I've verified the following :

On the tronsmart, I can get to any content via wireless, and practically nothing over the wired connection. The tronsmart is less than a foot from the router.

On the tablet, I can get to any content via wireless, and practically nothing over ATT. I have a great connection and plenty of data.

I have a laptop running Debian with an aircard on my ATT account. I can get to anything on that computer on any connection; wired, wireless, or on ATT. The problem is definitely and Android related.

Something else interesting... The tronsmart's configuration for wired ethernet seems to present to applications as a cellular connection. For example, when I use the play store to download big applications over the wired connection, I get warnings about data usage that I don't get over wireless. When I tried using IPvanish over the wired connection, it wouldn't do ping tests for the servers, which it normally refuses on cellular data. So, something is telling Kodi that the wired connection is cellular data, and Kodi exhibits the same problem it does on my tablet, which is actually using cellular data.

In going to install Kodi on my phone and test the same thing. I've tried upgrading the tablet to the latest 15.2 RC direct from the website, and problem remains.

This took so long to pin down because the logs didn't reference a connection problem they referred to a demuxer error. I'll grab the log snippets tomorrow.
I got a new iPhone 7 Plus and I can not get Kodi to work through Cellular Data, only when Wifi is enabled.

Any tips?
pls email to : [email protected]
Same here on my iPhone 6s Plus. Worked flawlessly previously
Hi,

Same problem for me too. It was working fine. I think after the update to 10.2 this problem started. Within System->system info-> network, it shows 'Not Connected'. None of my add-ons can connect.
Any luck on getting Kodi to work over Mobile Data?
All this "me too" and not a single debug log (wiki). You won't get support until a full debug log is put on pastebin.com and the link is provided here.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Has this shifted to an iOS possible issue? Nice random hijacking, guys Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi only plays and loads movies when I am on wifi...please help!!0